Status
Not open for further replies.

Rifleman1776

2005125151539_cartoon.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Because this site strives to be so quilting bee,P.C. correct I take offense at the caption of the child on the right and think this post
should be deleted and the poster banned also.

PenWorks

All this crap is as much OUR fault as anyone else. WE elect these bozo's in Congress and school boards that pass such laws and then we become petrified of law suits from attorny's should we cross the line. The day of rekoning will come when enough is enough and revolt will be in the air. As long as we KEEP the right to bear arms, they can only go so far.

I was on the phone with Qwest the other day, the guy from Qwest quoted about 5 minutes of several disclaimers to answer a simple question. I sure he could have repeated it in Spanish had I asked.

PS my appologoes to the real Bozo the Clown, he was great [:)]

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Here's an excerpt from an email I sent to a member complaining about me being "PC" and anti-religous. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Let me say, with all due respect, that you are mischaracterizing this as "PC". Further. How many of the frequent "request for prayers" and how many sigs referencing Jesus have I squashed? NONE! Have I told anyone not to mention Jesus, or Buddha, or the Pope? NO! If I banned "Merry Christmas" in favor of "happy winter holiday", then you'd be dead on about that being PC. I am simply asking that we not post sermons or backhanded guilt-trips.

Do you think it honors Jesus to post some cornball "it's my birthday" story rather than a short, straightforward message to remember that Christmas celebrates the birth of Christ? We're not kids, and we don't need to be tricked or storied into believing something.

I am amazed that asking someone to adjust their message or behavior <b>a little bit</b> gets this kind of reaction.

PenWorks

Originally posted by jeff
<br />
I am amazed that asking someone to adjust their message or behavior <b>a little bit</b> gets this kind of reaction.

I am amazed after running this site for 2 years now, you can still be amazed at anything ! [:D]

M

Mudder

Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />
Originally posted by jeff
<br />

I am amazed after running this site for 2 years now, you can still be amazed at anything ! [:D]

I am amazed that we are even talking about this.

From the Terms of service

The administrators and moderators of Penturners.org may, but are not obligated to, edit, move, lock, or delete any posted message or entire topics for any reason without cause.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by rtparso
<br />Eagle I am offended thaat you are offended[:D]

Ron,

I am offended that you spelled that with two a's. Also I am offended that my post may offend someone that prefers typos. Lastly, I am offended that my post may not offend others who are too hard to offend. I was once told that the best defense was a good offense. As a result, I try to offend everyone I meet. You know, after reading this, I am offended that I wrote it.

mikes pens

The only thing that ever offended me was when I went to the doctor and he said he needed a blood, urine and stool sample from me. He then proceeded to say "So you can leave your underwear".

micah

The only thing that I am offended about is that someone actually felt it was a guilt trip message. If you felt that way you must have felt a little guilt in your own beliefs, wrong beliefs or nonbeliefs (whichever the case may be).
When I read the message it was actually an uplifting thing for me, because I knew that Christ <b>is</b> in my life (no I'm not perfect) and I rejoice in knowing that <b>my</b> soul will be with the Lord when the time comes. I feal sorry for those who choose another path to take in this world and pray for them on a regular basis that the Lord will have Mercy and will have some effect on them that will change them for the good.
It was <b>NOT</b> meant to be a guilt trip. I took it as a positive thing and wanted to share it with my brothers and sisters. It looks as though they have recieved it along with others. All I can say it that I hope if someone <b>does</b> feel guilty about it, that they take a look inside themselves and find out what is makeing them feel that way.
Next 2 lines may be offensive, so if your thin skinned or are not sure in your beliefs (don't want to make anyone feel guilty), don't read it.
God Bless
Merry <b>CHRIST</b>mas

Micah

timdaleiden

Hi Micah,

Have you made any pens yet? I looked back at some of your posts, and it seems you are just getting started in penturning. That's great!

This is a great place to learn about penturning. There are a lot of helpful folks here. What kind of pen kits do you think you will start with (if in fact, you have not already started)? Many people start with slimline pens. They are very forgiving.

In time, you may move on to more complex kits. Your skills will grow as you master each kit. You will most likely gain confidence, and move on to larger challenges. Perhaps one day you will not need a kit at all. You may come up with your own unique design. That would really be something great, wouldn't it?

Please do tell us about how your penturning skills are coming along, will you?

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom