Carbide Inserts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

I used to use AZ Carbide, I am only stopped using them because I hardly ever use carbide any more. I have several family members that are machinists; they appear to use inserts that are "better" than what we typically buy (maybe at a higher cost). I just left a message for one of them and see what he has to say.

flyitfast

I have started using AZ Carbides. They may not be the cheapest but their quality and service are great and they are a lot cheaper than most other cutters. Ron Campbell is dedicated to service and will discuss any problems and correct them (if they happen).
He is also a great woodturner.
Gordon
By the way, he is the guy that wears a kilt aat vendor shows!!

TonyL

I used to use AZ Carbide, I am only stopped using them because I hardly ever use carbide any more. I have several family members that are machinists; they appear to use inserts that are "better" than what we typically buy (maybe at a higher cost). I just left a message for one of them and see what he has to say.

My BIL's brother got back to me, his shop buys the Sandvik or Kennemetal lines from MSC Industrial. He suggested the Tool-Flo line for woodturning. I have no idea about any of these; I just asked his opinion.

Last edited:

mecompco

Here's another vote for AZ--good prices, good selection, and excellent service. Global is a bit less expensive, but I thought their selection was a bit lacking (no pun intended).

farmer

Carbide cutters

Just wondering where you all get your carbide inserts from, and who has the best price.
Any and all responses greatly appreciated.

Sue

I seldom use any carbide cutters anymore , i get allot better results using a live cutter using mill ends or router bits and slitting saws.
I mounted laminated trimmers on my tool post.

Top Bottom