CarbaTec motor

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leestoresund

The motor and controller for my VS CarbaTec went south last week. My motor was about 5 years old.
I bought the PSI 1/2 hp VS motor knowing that it was not supported by PSI for the CarbaTec because they did not have a template or replacement connector plate.
I've got it out with a machine shop now being rigged to work but it could be better if it had the connector plate designed just for the replacement.
(Connector plate being that piece of metal that connects between the motor and the lathe itself.)
I'm wondering if there are other CarbaTec owners out there that would be interested in upgrading/replacing the motor if there were a specific adapter for it.

Lee

leestoresund

Update on CarbaTec lathe

Got the mounting bracket back with holes precisely drilled.
The most difficult part (for me) was getting the belt back on the pulleys.
Motor mounts right in the same place.
The original pulley from the CarbaTec was step drilled to match the shaft on the new motor.
The PSI motor is slightly longer but the same diameter. That means it extends beyond the cross piece below the bed but, thankfully, the motor just touches the bottom and it is still level.
It has a different sound than the other. It may also be a little slower on the top end.
The machinist has made a template if someone else has this problem.
On the whole, it cost me about $160 to replace the motor.
Lee

Top Bottom