It cannot just be me......can it?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I think your preaching to the Choir.
My wife constantly asks how can anyone who makes pens not have a pen in the house?
Right now I have 4 pens on my desk, if I need one to write with they will all have phased into another dimension until the next day.
If I have to sign for anything while in the shop I have to get a refill out of the supply bin to write with.

jd420214

You know whats worse sitting at the table and looking for something to write with not even looking on the other side were my pen storage box is sitting.
But yes I have done the same thing down stairs were my lathe is and all my supplies are stored.

Sabaharr

I never have that problem. The way I leave things laying around there are pens everywhere. My desk probably has 12 on it and they all actually write. The kitchen island is loaded as is every flat surface and upright canister in the house. And don't even go in the wash room where THE BOSS empties my pockets. Now don't ask me for a specific one or that will start some trouble.

Last edited:

jttheclockman

You are not alone.

Happened 2 days ago. My everyday go to pen died. I know there are about 3 other pens on my desk but man they are impossible to find. To top it off the box that I keep my refills in got mixed up within all my other craft supplies. I ended up writing with a #2 pencil. How dare I.:):)

hcpens

In the military I always had a pen, then when I retired, I never do, even when I have made some I always leave them in my show prep box ready to be sold.:redface:

bobleibo

Even worse is when the boss reaches into my display case (another topic..grr!) and she takes the ONLY one that does not work to write down the grocery list then makes sure to let me know that my "artwork" needs some help~

Alex D

Been there! Ended up using an old stick pen last week because I couldn't find anything else!

One of my favorite sayings is "It's the cobbler's children that have no shoes."

elkhorn

Gee, and I thought it was only me:eek: And I've been there, done that in my shop by grabbing a bare refill to write with.

Hey, maybe we can design a holder for the refill! Oh wait, that's what the pen is for.

Maybe a piece of duct tape to wrap around the refill?

Thanks for starting this, Skip. Made my day:biggrin:

ladycop322

It's not only you...I was at the doctor's office the other day and went to write a check for the visit and didn't have a pen on me. I had to laugh out loud...I make them and didn't have one in my purse lol lol lol

studioseven

My turning skills are not up to par with all of you. I have around five thousand mistakes laying around the house. Well maybe not that many, but quite a few. Also I have crept up to that age where I need readers for my eye site. I have learned to slide a pen in my eyeglass case which I take with me when I leave the house. It has come in handy quite often.

Seven

CrimsonKeel

Im always looking for a pen at my desk. eventually i get up and walk to the other side of the room and take one of my "good" pens off their display stand and use that. I really should make a desk pen. I do have like 4 fountain pens but all have dried ink in them and im always thinking i should refill them

TLTHW

At work I keep a half dozen pens in my toolbox and in my desk or I can't find one when I need one. Of course, I have 6 tape measures for the same reason. One of these days I will post a pic of what my daily use pens look like after a year of being thrown in a tool box.....lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom