Canadians beware !!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Curly

Ouch!!! Enough to make us pass on buying anything for some time to come. Is that the rate using your bank account or your credit card?

wood-of-1kind

Exchanged PayPal funds from US dollars to Canadian funds and got 17% on our loonie. Big difference on what they charge vs. what they give back in the way of exchange.

zig613

Just checked the Cdn/US dollar exchange... $1 Canadian dollar buys you $0.8057 US dollars, add in the international shipping costs, plus PayPal/bank service charge for foreign currency = buy local or increase your selling price. Unfortunately, since the Canadian suppliers purchase from either the US or overseas, sooner or later with the low Canadian dollar, it will result in higher prices here in Canada.

Wade

Curly

I looked at my banking app and my Credit Union has the US dollar exchange for cash listed at; 1.2680 (Buying) and 1.2180 (Selling). So it's no wonder PayPal is a little higher than that. I was hoping to get some of the antique pen blank materials in the classifieds right now but with the currency costs and the potential for being dinged with border taxes I just can't.

If I knew this was going to happen I would have bought a couple hundred thousand US last summer/fall and I would have made thirty plus thousand if I cashed in today. :wink: Oh well I'm destined to be in the 99% of the population with half the wealth, not the 1% with the other half.:frown:

Top Bottom