Camcorder opinion

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DozerMite

Banned
John,
I prefer the DVD over the built in memory. With the DVD, once you have recorded, the disk is finalized and can be used in any player. You can also keep different recordings separate just by changing the disk. No further processing. Nice for vacations, one disk for each place visited.
With the built in memory, everything has to be downloaded and put on disk. An extra step and extra time. Not efficient, especially if you plan to use a player other than your computer.
Also remember, with Sony, the removable media (memory stick), is proprietary to Sony products unlike SD or XD cards.
I guess it depends on what you will use it for.

This is just my opinion. With it and a dollar, you can get a cup of coffee.;)

johnnycnc

James,Thanks for your input!:)
I have never had a camcorder and don't want to get
something I'll regret later.
It just gets so confusing,looking at the hundreds
of different models,the reviews,the features,etc.
I was ready to pull the trigger,but am going to think
on it for a few days.

Anyone else have any input?
If so,fire away,it would be appreciated!![:p]

VisExp

John

I have no had no experience with camcorders for a couple of years, in particular the camcorders that have built in hard disks or take DVD. All my experience was with Hi-8 and mini-DV camcorders. As such I can't really comment on the model you are looking at.

However I don't think you can go wrong with a Sony. I used to be a full time skydiving videographer/photographer and can tell you that within the skydiving community Sony is by far the most popular name brand. I have well over 5000 skydives with a Sony camcorder attached to my helmet and they served me well. They were operating in a somewhat "hostile" environment :) and I was always happy with the reliability, features and image quality.

This is a shot of me filming a group over the Florida Keys. I'm the one in the purple, white and yellow jumpsuit, and that's a Sony on my head :D

tony.jpg

johnnycnc

Keith,
Thank You for taking time to relate your experience,
that's a vote of confidence for Sony,for sure!:D
I feel good about Sony products,in general.
I appreciate your input.:)

Awesome photo,that had to be a rush!![:p]wow.

Top Bottom