Cam Corder Help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

I would like to make a few videos to upload to you tube and am looking to buy a cam corder. Don't want to spend a fortune but want something decent. Any help would be appreciated.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alphageek

Former Moderator
Roy,

If that is your only reason for wanting to do it.... It really depends on how much work you want to put into it.

If you dont care about making something hi def and don't have a smart phone, I would suggest a possible alternative - an iPod touch. Easy video taking, cheap decent editing software and upload without messing with conversions.

BUT, you will have limits like lack of zoom, etc. It really comes down to how much work to put into it and budget.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Hi Roy,
Your stills pics are pretty good from your digi camera, so I'll bet you can video from that camera too. The only crummy drawback that some digi cameras have is the noise from the auto focus motor coming out in the finished audio. Maybe your camera is better than mine and won't have that noise, so at least it's worth a try.

Chuck Key

Try your iPhone. If a iPhone 4 you have 720p HD but get the Top Camera app that is on sale for $.99 until 12/27. You will have video zoom and a ton of other settings.

OKLAHOMAN

Dean, thanks I have an iphone 3, takes fair video but I need to use both my hands for what I want to do and need zoom and the audio seems weak.Also editing.Maybe I can get Dee to shoot the video while I do my thing.
Skip my digital camera is a Canon 300D and I don't think it's capable of shooting video.
John, will the top camera app work on the 3?

OKLAHOMAN

Problem hope is solved, I just ordered a "Toshiba Camileo H30 Full HD Camcorder - Silver/Black" from Amazon for $159.00 shipped.

Top Bottom