Call someone you love

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lyonsacc

Life lessons learned this week (and it is only half over):

1) If you haven't seen or talked to a loved one recently, take the time and give them a call. You can't when they are gone - and sometimes they go when you least expect it.

2) From work - Unrelated to #1 - Couples - don't hide your finances from your spouse/signif other. If the 2 of you can't agree on an issue then you really need to consider a compromise or a solution that might not fit in the box inside your head. Money does not have to be a reason for divorce.

3) Oral surgeons aren't as expensive as I thought they would be (2 visits this week).

4) Braces can cost you 4 to 6 grand (or more) in Ohio. And each ortho seems to have a different way of doing things.

5) Unfortunately none of them give a group discounts if you need to do 2 kids at once.

6) Novocain and pen turning don't go well together. My awesome son sneezed while wearing the face shield. He didn't (or couldn't) keep his mouth all the way shut. It needed cleaning anyway.

7) It's not good to wait until the last minute to finish a pen for a contest (see #6)

8) If someone is sick and they haven't gotten out of bed all day. It is very possible they feel that bad.

9) Make sure you love, hug, kiss, laugh, and high-five as much as you can. (keep in mind, your spouse might be the only person interested in kissin that mug of yours)

10) Next time you renew your drivers license (in the US) make sure you check the organ donor box. You don't need them when you are dead, and somebody else might.

Have a blessed week and give someone you haven't seen in a while a call.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveJ

I called, left a message, haven't been called back...............

You called someone before 5 am and are surprised they didn't call back?

We know when you called them, but what did you call them? Maybe that's the reason your phone isn't ringing....

Please take that as funny.

It is a great idea to reach out to someone you love every day. We are not meant to go through life alone and isolated. For every time we feel lonely, there is most likely a family member or friend who is also feeling the same! a phone call is free. The rewards are priceless.

lyonsacc

Heading to my brothers funeral today. He was 50. It had been a weird year. We live about 4 1/2 hours apart. Our "usual" meetings didn't happen due to this or that. I think we talked twice this year by phone about stuff we had to take care of. Last time we were together was Thanksgiving (November).

SteveJ

Thanks for posting this Dave. I am sorry for your loss. My brother lives across the country from me and has invited me to come spend a week with him, but I have been hesitant to spend the vacation time and the money. You have changed my mind. Thank you.

Top Bottom