Californians familiar with LA roads

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Texatdurango

I will be heading into a part of LA that I have never been before and need some advice since my mapping programs and in-car navigation disagree on routes.

I'll be driving to the Marriott in Manhatten Beach and am thinking of dropping off I-10 around Riverside heading southwest on Hwy 91 and taking it all the way to it's end then taking I-405 up to the hotel.

For some reason my in-car navigation is avoiding 91 and insists on taking I-10 into the downtown area THEN heading south.

So, is Hwy 91 a good choice from Riverside to I-405 or does my nav program know something I don't.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Manny

I'll be taking the 210 W to the 605 S to the 105 W to the 405 S

The 10 can have traffic during rush hour and weekends but I would recommend the
10 W to the 605 S to the 105 W to the 405 S Get off on W Rosecrans and go west to hotel.

Hope to see you there George

Texatdurango

Hwy 91 sucks traffic up the you know what.

I think that pretty well sums it up for ALL the roads in the LA area pretty much most of the time, I'm just looking for comparisons to other choices. :)

We visit the area several times a year and if we bring the RV we always stay in Santa Clarita and have seen I-5 at complete stop and go crawls and at times have hit both I-10 and the 210 at the wrong time of day but didn't know how 91 compares.

Texatdurango

I'll be taking the 210 W to the 605 S to the 105 W to the 405 S

The 10 can have traffic during rush hour and weekends but I would recommend the
10 W to the 605 S to the 105 W to the 405 S Get off on W Rosecrans and go west to hotel.

Hope to see you there George

Well I clicked on my route and drug it up to I-10 just before the 605 and it liked your idea, it routed me down 605 to 105 to 405 just like you said so that sounds like a plan.

We'll be coming in friday afternoon, see ya there. I'm told that my table is just inside one of the two entrance doors right across from Pendamonium's area.

PenMan1

Hwy 91 at Riverside is to CA what 75S from Marietta to Atlanta is to GA. They are 10-2 highways. Unless there is NO OTHER alternative you should not get on either of these roads before 10 am or after 2 pm.

Atlanta had the 3rd worst unemployment rate in the country, and yet traffic really hasn't eased up. What the heck is going on!

OKLAHOMAN

It's so nice to drive across OKC in less than 15 minutes east to west and north to south just a hair longer......both ways at 5PM except north on 235 toward Edmond at 5 pm that could be as much as 30 minutes, but at the rate the growth is here it won't last long.

avbill

The best time to drive through LA is 3AM to 5AM in the morning. Recently I drove through LA and was on the other side of the grapevine by 6AM heading north.

PenMan1

The best time to drive through LA is 3AM to 5AM in the morning. Recently I drove through LA and was on the other side of the grapevine by 6AM heading north.

Atlanta is the same. As long as you can make it to suburbia by 6 am you can zoom! 70Mph really means 80 when traffic is moving. BUT, during rush hour, bring a book!

Jgrden

Tom Daniels

Hwy 91 sucks traffic up the you know what.

Tom lives closer than anyone and I would take his word. We drive the 91 during the day and don't have any issues but that is not during rush hours. I would probably take the 10 and then drop down.

Top Bottom