California Members...I hope they are safe

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Herb G

I hope all of our California members are safe & sound because of the wild fires out there. Please check on your friends if they live out there.
Prayers and kind thoughts being sent out.

Woodchipper

Herb, good idea. Don't know anyone in California but news said that it is heading to Malibu with lots of celebrities leaving town. Last I heard, there were 25 fatalities, several of them were people who were trapped in their cars. Many abandoned their cars and ran for their lives. I have a close friend who retired from the Forestry Service and said that people can't imagine how fast a fire can travel. There is a billboard on I-75 that states embers can travel one mile! Smoky the Bear has his work cut out for him.

tbroye

I saw on one of the Face Pages that there were some turners up Paradise who lost everything. One is even missing I believe. 63 dead and now 631 missing. Having spent time in that area over the years the number of missing doesn't surprise me. 2 lane roads for most part, very rural area, high winds and grass and oily brush + time timber = a bad time. It's going to be awhile before we know the full loss of life. Another bad thing this was a retirement community with many elderly and disabled very fast moving fire. Many law enforcement and firemen live up there and many have lost everything. The air is Sacramento is the worst I have ever experienced in my 76 year of living here Air quality today was 314 which is hazardous and 434 in a community close to the fire. About 1/2 mile visibility this afternoon when picking up Grandkids, schools close tomorrow, many outdoor jobs shut down. We live a valley and with cold air it hold the some down so i can't get out here. It will some winds to mix up the air for now nothing until may Sunday and the storm of the season late next week other wise we stay indoors.

Last edited:
Top Bottom