CA, not only is used in pen making...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
The wife thinks I'm nuts, but CA is standard first aid in my shop.

Last month I reached up to turn on a light over my lathe. My face mask had collected some sawdust on the top portion and when I looked up it fell in my eyes... I jerked my arm down to clear my eyes and caught it on the end of my tool rest. It tore a half dollar sized flap of skin on my arm. I grabbed my CA bottle and quickly spread some over the flap to seal it down and stop the bleeding. It has healed with almost no hint of a scar.

redfishsc

I cut my finger in the shop one time with standard wood chisel. I was working on a cabinet face frame and accidentally sliced my thumb with the chisel (I keep them extra sharp so that when I cut myself, it makes a neat, clean cut:redface:).

I quickly grabbed the medium CA and closed up the cut, poured the thick CA over it, and then made the REAL mistake.

I hosed my thumb with accelerator. The heat from the curing CA on that freshly exposed meat was one of the less enjoyable moments I've ever had.

bitshird

I had the incisions from a triple bypass glued together down both legs and on my chest, but the medical grade is less toxic than the stuff we use.
I swear I thought about using shop CA when I cut my finger off and tore up two others last month, My Surgeon said it was a good thing I didn't. But I used to hang around with some flint Knappers they always use it on cuts, I think it has a lot to do with the area of exposed meat.

Gagler

I popped off a flap of skin on my left index finger, hanging by the proverbial thread, while not paying attention in my shop using the bandsaw. Medium CA glue stitched it back, and you really only see a scar if I start getting a tan as the skin is "new."

Ken's probably right, the stuff in our shop is a wee bit more toxic than the medicinal stuff!

Top Bottom