CA Allergy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dehn0045

I'm wondering if anyone out there has identified fever/chills to be part of the their allergic reaction to CA. Also, what is the normal time delay for your reaction symptoms?

I usually wear a mask, which works great, but sometimes when the garage is open and there is a breeze in the air I will skip the mask. I finished some pens on Sunday without the mask, was fine on Monday, but then came down with chest congestion and a fever on Tuesday. I still had the fever today, so went to the doc and he gave me a steroid shot which helped with the symptoms, and a blood test indicated that it was possibly bacterial (but the numbers were borderline). I rarely get a fever, this is probably the first one in over 5 yrs. We did have a little one (2 yrs old) over at the house on Sat., so I may have gotten exposed to some germs I'm not used to. But I am worried that it was maybe the CA, and I really don't want to have this happen again.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mortalis

I'm leaning more towards the little bag of germs you had in your house. Sorry, but, little kids do that more often than not especially if you are not acclimated to them on a regular basis.
I'm trying to sound cruel or mean-hearted but that's the way it is.

wouldentu2?

My reactions were always the next day. Just felt like I was getting a cold and the next day I was fine. If it continues go to the odorless CA.

Woodchipper

I have allergies and never experienced a fever with an allergic reaction. I did have a flareup with residual dust in the shop. I used a dust mask but there must have been enough dust in the air to give me fits for 10 days. Now I wear a dust mask anytime I'm creating dust plus a box fan with an AC filter to help clear the air. If you keep having problems, see a doctor specializing in allergies.
My wife was director of our church daycare. Best place to catch any kind of virus or germ. Parents were told to keep kids at home if they have a fever. Ignored this rule.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Without a respirator, I get full flu like symptoms in about 4 - 6 hours. I am fine and then it hits me suddenly, from the first sniffle to full blown in about 30 minutes. I had double vision the third time it hit me. After that, I did NOT use CA without a respirator and a DC system running.

I was in Japan at the time and did not go to a doctor but I did take my temp. My temp was negligible.

That said, at weaker body defense times such as this, one is more susceptible to other problems, symptoms and contagious situations.

I had an allergy doctor tell me years ago that for some people, allergies are tied just as much to lack of sleep as it was to the allergen. For these people, tiredness prevents the body from fighting allergies and illnesses like a fully rested body can. I started getting about a hours more sleep per night and my yearly allergy trips to the doctor were cut by 2/3s. When your body is weak, you are more susceptible to other things too - IMO.

Dehn0045

I'm leaning more towards the little bag of germs you had in your house. Sorry, but, little kids do that more often than not especially if you are not acclimated to them on a regular basis.
I'm trying to sound cruel or mean-hearted but that's the way it is.

Yeah, I'm thinking it was the little germ factory. She so cute, but so dangerous.

Thanks for all of the responses guys. Went to the doc yesterday and they did a blood test, showed high neutrophils, so most likely a bacterial infection. Probably not related to CA. I will probably start being more careful with the dust and CA fumes anyway, I know neither are good for you.

Also, I got a shot of steroid, dexamethazone I think, and that made me feel like a million bucks. Felt like I could run through walls, lol. If you are ever way behind on a project, that will get you caught up in a hurry. Just kidding of course.

JimB

I get flu like symptoms a few hours after using CA and it can last for a day or two. However, for me the solution is as simple as running my dust collector. When I'd o I don't have any problems.

Even if the CA didn't cause your problems this time it is a good idea to take preventative measures now to the reduce the probability of problems down the road.

Woodchipper

I had an allergy doctor tell me years ago that for some people, allergies are tied just as much to lack of sleep as it was to the allergen. For these people, tiredness prevents the body from fighting allergies and illnesses like a fully rested body can. I started getting about a hours more sleep per night and my yearly allergy trips to the doctor were cut by 2/3s. When your body is weak, you are more susceptible to other things too - IMO.
Wish it worked for me.
Off topic joke:
Doctor: We studied all your tests and found the problem. I'm going to give you a shot.
Patient: Great, Doc. Pour yourself one while you're at it!

Top Bottom