Byrnes Tablesaw

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

I would order the zero-clearance insert and an extra bag of screws/pins for $8 each. . Sometimes I remove the fence and sometimes the screws run away !

The extended rip fence can be very useful if you need to put slits in blank ends for any reason. . Extended means heightened.

Depending on what you are going to use it for, the rip taper gage and the micrometer stop could be very useful, as would a blade with a thinner kerf (but you have to weigh up the thinner kerf against blade stability - if you go with 4" - and blade diameter - if 3" ).

I would like the tilting table also. That may be an accessory you need to buy with the initial purchase ... not sure if it can be added later. . Certainly useful for making some types of segmented blanks.

One thing is certain .... you will never regret this purchase. . Be sure to read the on-site review by Phil Krol.

EDIT: I just enquired from Jim Byrnes and learned that a tilt table can be retrofitted at a later date.

Last edited:

Mikeyt

I just got my Byrnes table saw about a month ago and am glad I got the extension miter gage and the extended rip fence. Those for sure are nice to be able to cut 3/4 inch pen blanks on the saw. It has been great to rip length wise and have the support. It cuts great and have little problems. Have had some kick back but getting comfortable using the saw and push sticks. I also am glad I ordered the extra screws and accessory pack. I lost a miter pin so that helped.
I almost ordered the micrometer stop but am glad I didn't. I seem to have more room to use the fence when cutting.
Like others say the thickness sander is also a great accessory I think I have used my thickness sander more now with the table saw then I did before.
I am wanting to make a sled for the table saw that is my next project for the saw.
Overall I love my Byrnes table saw and am so glad I got it. Worth every penny.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I bought mine used, so there were no add-ons. I have made several extra fences which are very helpful. And I have a thin Harbor Freight File that I ground down to a pin point, I use it as a push stick to clear out stuff after they get past the blade.

Attachments

• IMG_3591.jpg
    IMG_3591.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_0250.jpg
    IMG_0250.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 178

jaybreda

Hi Steve,

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Byrnes saw..

I purchased the rip fence extension, the micrometer gauge, and the extension mitre gauge; and don't regret any of these purchases.

I am still not comfortable with the tilting table ( 1.5 years); and find that i am always looking for alternative ways to make these cuts. i wish that Jim had designed a tilting arbor with this saw..

Top Bottom