buying in bulk

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Hayden213

Hi, I'm Dave I'm new to this site, but I've been turning pens and studying turning for about6 years now. I just started my own business and I want to sell wood too. My father has a friend in South America that has a bunch of Cocobolo that he would like to sell me wholesale, but the problem is I've never bought alot of wood wholesale, and he's new to this too. How do I do this? do I pay by the pound and type or what? Any help you guys could give me would be awesome!

Nolan

Gary put it well you would be far to the good to try a small purchase from him and see how it goes. What alot of folks think is marketable wood is junk for pens. That is because of the small nature of a pen. I will share one thing to get you started, you need to get your permit to import that is regulated by 7 CFR 319.40. That should give you a direction to start in and check for restriced zones to make sure your not importing from a restriced area. I havent lost a load yet and import from around the world. Do your homework cuz there is no "importing 101" class out there. Good luck.

Top Bottom