Bullet Cartridge Pencils?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MarkD

I have made a number of the 30 caliber bullet cartridge pens but now I have a request for a bullet cartridge pencil? I have checked my usual sources but have not seen any listed. Does anyone know of a source for them?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sylvanite

Mark,

Do you mean the look-alike pen kit, or a pen made from a real rifle cartridge? I've made "bullet" pencils from a 30-cal cartridge using both the Pentel pencil mechanism, and with the Schmidt pencil mechanism and a cigar kit. A pencil based on a perfect-fit or slimline-pro kit should also be doable.

Regards,
Eric

turbowagon

Here's a laser-marked .300 Weatherby pen/pencil set I made from Sylvanite's components and Axis Deer anter:

300wby_set.JPG

The pencil uses a nice Schmidt mechanism.

- Joe

lorbay

Mark,

Do you mean the look-alike pen kit, or a pen made from a real rifle cartridge? I've made "bullet" pencils from a 30-cal cartridge using both the Pentel pencil mechanism, and with the Schmidt pencil mechanism and a cigar kit. A pencil based on a perfect-fit or slimline-pro kit should also be doable.

Regards,
Eric
Can you show us something.??? Thanks.

Lin.

MarkD

The cartridge pens I have made so far have all used the look-alike pen kit. If I can't get a look-alike pencil kit using a real cartridge is an probably an option.

MarkD

Very Nice! Actually, I believe I may have a couple cigar twist pencil kits in the shop.

Eric, could you let me know what components you have for this. It may be an easier solution.

Sylvanite

Some pen kits, such as the Berea Perfect-Fit and some of the Serrias, are made to take either a Parker-style refill or the Schmidt DSM 2006 pencil mechanism. I don't know if the rifle cartridge look-alike kits are (I've never used one). If not, there's a chance they could be modified for the Schmidt mechansim.

As it turns out, I have two 30 caliber solid-copper bullets (such as those used in Joe's pens above) already drilled out for a DSM 2006. The customer who wanted them changed his mind. I could seat them in either a 30-06 case, or a 300 Winchester Magnum case (which is shorter than the 300 Weatherby Magnum cases I did for Joe). If you like the magnum size, I could make you a matched set of pen/pencil cartridges in 300 WinMag. I'm out of the 2-tone ti-gold/black chrome cigar kits, so you'd have to supply your own. I do have a few Schmidt pencil mechanisms left.

Check out http://www.bulletpenkits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_3&products_id=14 for a description and instructions. A small modification to the cigar pen coupler is necessary. If you decide to go that route, drop me a pm and I'll give you a quote.

MarkD

I'll check with the customer and see what he wants to do. He purchased one of my bullet look-alike pen kits and he was asking about a pencil for his high school aged son.

Top Bottom