BUILD A WEB A SITE

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ron Mc

Greg,
You can go out and buy programs that will help you out. This way not only do you get the pleasure of admiring your pens but you also get to have fun building a site.[;)]

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by Ron Mc
<br />Greg,
You can go out and buy programs that will help you out. This way not only do you get the pleasure of admiring your pens but you also get to have fun building a site.[;)]

I wish it were that easy. I bought WebEasy 6 Professional. Supposedly one of the easiest to use. The learning curve is pretty steep and is taking longer than I had hoped. In defense of the program, it does contain a Wizard that allows site creation very easily and quickly but the options are limited. OTOH, this stuff comes easier for some than others. I think I am about a 6 on a 1-10 scale of computer user skills, and I'm about a 1 on the geek scale.

pete00

Bugsy

Not sure if you have a internet provider yet or a hosting company, but
a lot of them have free website setup.
Some of the free ones are simple fill in the blank set up.
Some will also charge you a fee to design it.

Granted thsese free ones are really basic, but its a biginning.

Dont know the local provider in your area, but you could check out
register.com, or comcast

Fangar

I have built several websites for small businesses on the side (Uh, like I have any free time). Nothing fancy, but look more toward flow and functionality. Here is a link to a site that I finished recently for a friend of mine.

http://www.sealmatetool.com/

The largest issue with having someone else build a site for you is content. Especially if you want your site to have ever changing photos as your inventory changes (New pens, woods, finishes, etc). Then you will really need to learn a bit of coding and become a little website savvy yourself. There are programs available on the market that are very cheap and often free. Unfortunately, you will often end up with a site that looks less than stellar, and looks like it was created using a program that was very cheap, or free! [:D]

Many guys here could likely help you out, including myself. Once you have the basic shell, really the content can be adjusted.

I hand code all of my HTML and Javascript using a simple program made by CoffeeCup Software. Some programs install so much junk into the HTML that you can't even read it when trying to go back and edit, add material.

Cheers,

Fangar

DeanSmith

Take a look at e107, they have a cut and past program if your hosting service gives you access to MySQL.

timdaleiden

I build Web Sites now, but I think that for the cost, you may want to build one yourself. Use Pay Pal to start with, and if you want an easy site building program, take a look at Yahoo Sitebuilder and hosting. If you get into it, you can always reformat with a better site builder, such as Dreamweaver, Frontpage, or Namo. Bang for the buck, Namo may be better.

No matter which way you go, be forewarned that you may not see much income from it. Also, do some searches here for "website" or "Web Site" to get additional tips.

Good Luck,
Tim

timdaleiden

Originally posted by Fangar

I hand code all of my HTML and Javascript using a simple program made by CoffeeCup Software. Some programs install so much junk into the HTML that you can't even read it when trying to go back and edit, add material.

Cheers,

Fangar

Show off!!![;)]

Have you gotten into CSS yet? It's the wave of the future. [8D]

I Built a few web sites for friends using www.citymax.com

It was free and I liked the format choices they gave me. I will say that they end up hosting your work once you register your site, but you have to register somewhere, right??? So anyway, the feed back I have on both sites is very positive from my friends...hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom