Bucket List

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

studioseven

Last year I was able to cross an item off my bucket list.... visiting Mount Rushmore. My wife and I spent a week in the area. Had a great time, saw a lot of beautiful country, saw amazing wildlife and all in all had a great time. I received some great tips from some IAP members and want to convey my thanks again.

This year I'm hoping to cross another item of my list... visiting Washington DC. Did you know that outside of New York City, Washington DC has the second most expensive hotels in the country? Are there any members who have visited or live nearby who could recommend a reasonable hotel or motel? I'd like to avoid driving in DC and am looking for somewhere close to a metro line. Thanks in advance.

Seven

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Carl Fisher

We stay at the Sheraton Premiere at Tysons Corner for the DC Fountain Pen show. It wasn't terribly expensive in the grand scheme of DC and was less than a block walk to the nearest metro rail station.

However it was probably a 45 minute rail ride to DC if I recall correctly. So it's not what I would call close, but might be worth it to save some cash.

g8trbone

Alexandria is a nice place to stay with reasonable rates for the area. Time of year has a lot of impact on the room rates. If you are looking at Cherry Blossom time, the rates will be higher. There are a handful of the major chain hotels all within a couple blocks of metro stations in the area. Plus, Alexandria is another great area to explore with great shops and dining.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

studioseven

I've read about Bens Chili Bowl. They have a chili and cheese over sausage dish. It's a good thing I'll be doing a lot of walking to burn up all those extra calories.

Seven

tbroye

DC is on my list our health permitting we will go in September. Antarctica is on there also, my sister went a few years ago. Would like to take the Grandkids to Sweden and Finland as the are Swedish and Finnish and think that is about it as far as big trips. Will do Indy this year and the Sprint Car Nationals and maybe the F1race in Texas.

sbwertz

Alexandria is a nice place to stay with reasonable rates for the area. Time of year has a lot of impact on the room rates. If you are looking at Cherry Blossom time, the rates will be higher. There are a handful of the major chain hotels all within a couple blocks of metro stations in the area. Plus, Alexandria is another great area to explore with great shops and dining.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

We stayed in Alexandria last time we were there, and thanks to some discount coupons, got a very reasonable rate at the Reston. Check for discount coupons. They can make a big difference.

Top Bottom