Brand Name Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Every take a serious look at some of the big brand name pens??? I do it a lot to get inspiration and ideas. My favorite brand name pen is the Visconti line of pens. I think they have some of the classiest pens out there. I have a few ideas I pick from them that at some time I want to try.

www.google.com/search?q=desk+clock+...OiYKHaV2DLQQ_AUIBygC#tbm=isch&q=visconti+pens

So what is your favorite big name brand pen line???. And do you ever use pens of that caliper for inspiration???

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Akula

Visconti does some incredible detailed work IMO. I love the attention and fine detail engraving on a lot of different pens/makers.

budnder

I added this Visconti photo to my "things to try" folder the other day. Just browsing through that folder, the only other brand names I see are Von Moos and Delta.

Attachments

• visconti-metropolitan-rollerball-green-POP.jpg
    visconti-metropolitan-rollerball-green-POP.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 165

jttheclockman

I added this Visconti photo to my "things to try" folder the other day. Just browsing through that folder, the only other brand names I see are Von Moos and Delta.

Roy just do a google search of all top brand names pens. Mount Blanc is always the big one.

I have had a blank similar to that sitting on my bench for over 3 years now. It will get done this year or beginning of next year when I get back into making pens. At least I will try it. I had a failure when I first tried it but have learned somethings from it so hopefully second time is a charm.

Have a few hours??? Here is where you can see all the brand name pens and some of their elite offerings. Now you tell me you can not find any ideas out of them!!!!

www.penporium.com/Classic-Pens-s/111.htm

Last edited:

Mr Vic

The Visconti Homo Sapiens series is another on the list. I remember back when Penn State was offering the Lava blanks. Always meant to order some but never got around to it.

jttheclockman

I guess I am not alone. There are those that like to get ideas from the big guys. Glad to hear it. It is a wealth of good ideas if you are into creating your own blanks and pens.

bmachin

If you want to see and handle a lot of these pens, both new and vintage, go to a pen show. One of the biggest and best in the country, the Ohio Pen Show will be in Columbus from November 10 thru the November 13. Manufacturers, repairers, nibmeisters, and all sorts of accessories as well as seminars will be on view and for sale.

Here is the show's website:

THE OHIO PEN SHOW

Bill

jttheclockman

I have a pen store in a mall by me and they have many of the big name designers and it is good to see first hand some of these elite pens. Selling price tags on some of these pens makes one wonder if they sell well. Need some of that throw away cash.

LanceD

I own several of the big name pens. Sailor, Pilot, Visconti, Platinum, Pelikan and many customs from some of the well known custom pen makers from Tim Cullen, John Albert and two from David Broadwell. I enjoy each and every one of them. I use them daily but take good care of them.

Top Bottom