Bottle Stoppers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

melogic

I know many of you have turned some beautiful Bottle Stoppers. I am going to be turning some in the next week or so for the first time. I was just wondering about prices? What do you charge for the stoppers? Is there any little tricks that I should watch out for when turning them? I had a customer ask for one and this is something I have been wanting to try but just needed a reason I guess. Thanks in advance for all responses.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

coach

I have not attempted to sell any yet. I will sell the chrome stoppers for $20, cork for $12. No tricks, just really fun and great turning practice. I hope mine sell well so I can keep turning them.

YoYoSpin

You're welcome to join our Yahoo bottle stopper group...dial in here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stopper/

pic83330.jpg

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Mark,

They are really fun to make, can be creative, including cabs and insets.

Unfortunately in ten selling days (over 100 hours) at craft shows, I have sold ONE!!!

Priced from $12 for the "Plastic cork" type to $28 for the dichroic cabachon.

Will not give up, am working on a new display. The product is good and attracts attention. As was discussed on Ed's stopper site, even the stopper makers don't know what to do with them. Until our answers get better, the buying public has not been exposed to a NEED. WE need to get better educated.

IF I ever find a way to make them MOVE, I will be sure to tell ya'all. (BTW, discounting is NOT an option).

Hope this helps.[:)]

Woodbutcher68

I've sold a few chrome at $10.00 and the chrome with the corkscrew at $15.00. I've got them in a couple of wineries around here and in a consignment craft store. I haven't done any with cabs yet, but did inset state quarters in two of them. They sold in a hurry.
Ed can attest to the kind of customers in the Northwest Indiana area.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Fred,

Your approach is MUCH SMARTER than average (and certainly smarter than me!!!)

State identity!!!! GOOD

Wine shop-GREAT placement!!!

Other such ideas should be posted and USED!!! As some people buy and display them, their friends will HAVE TO HAVE them!!! Good going, keep it up![8D]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
HEY!

A LADY heard from!!!!!

Could we get MORE ladies to chime in-Dawn has used them for vinegar bottles that have "spices" in them, spritz on a salad, add olive oil to taste, instant lunch.

If any of you (particularly the ladies) have a pretty display of bottles that you actually USE, could you take a pic and post it so I can "steal" it??? (I THINK this is fair warning[:)][:)][:)])

The more ideas we can present, the better our chances of success-THINK people!!!

And, THANKS AGAIN, Bev!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom