Bored----

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I am bored. Threw my back out the other day, cleaning my shop which I like to do after a few projects. Now I am just laying around. I really probably should start working on my taxes but just not in the mood. Hopefully back in the shop next week. Oh well such is life. :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Sorry to hear that, John. . Hope you are mended soon !

While you are in the process ... please take a look at my Ballpoint Contest Entry in a SOYP thread today.

I know I can count on you for frank assessment. . Please tell me the URL if you have seen that technique used before.

Last edited:

Skie_M

I was board too, till I saw my dad comin at me with a hammer and nails ... I became not board very very fast.

~anonymous

Anyways ... I was runnin about town today completing some errands I had been putting off, and as I was picking a few things up at the local lumberyard, I passed their meager wood rack. The offerings of hardwood at Sutherlands is pitifully small indeed, as they have Oak and Poplar and nothing else, but today something caught my eye.

It was a 1 x 2 x 8' stick of Poplar that was mostly greenish/tan, but had streaks of PURPLE on it and running through it .... I just had to have it!

I wonder what it'll look like finished up?

jttheclockman

While your lying around, you could start thinking on next years Bash entries.:biggrin:

Way ahead of you Curt. I have the next 2 years planned already. I know exactly what pen box and pen stand I am making and warn everyone now bring your A game. Yes the gauntlet has been thrown down. :biggrin::biggrin:
Hopefully I start early enough I can enter your casting contest too. I was planning that this year but misjudged the timing. Maybe even throw one in the ball point too. Now that I am back in the shop you never know what will show up. I have a lot of time to make up for.

Sorry to hear that, John. . Hope you are mended soon !

While you are in the process ... please take a look at my Ballpoint Contest Entry in a SOYP thread today.

I know I can count on you for frank assessment. . Please tell me the URL if you have seen that technique used before.

Mal I did post to your thread and you have nothing to be ashamed of. Every pen can not be first place winners but they are all winners. The effort you made is a victory in itself. See you there next year and who know you maybe wwearing the crown. good luck.

jsolie

I'm waiting for some slow-set Alumilite to do it's thing. First time using the slow set. With the sub-optimal arrangement I have in my shop, I don't really like turning when there's a pressurized pot behind me. Am thinking of what I can do to a slimline in the mean time whilst cruising the forum.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
The modern solution to a bad back is to keep moving. Inactivity makes it worse.
So get off your lazy arse and back to work !!!:biggrin:

jttheclockman

Very good John. Listen we all do not need contests to bring out our best ideas. Just look through this contest and past contests and even look through the threads that get posted throughout the year and let the imagination run wild. Always have a special pen on the work bench that you come back to when there is a lull in orders or other chores. that is what I do. I have about 6 to 8 projects started right now on my bench. When they get finished I don't care because they are those special ideas. If I need to do something I do not fret about letting them sit. They will get done when they get done but always something on the bench.

jttheclockman

As I thought i would get no sympathy from you. I have to put lights up in my attic this year because I have an air conditioning guy coming to install central air this year. being this winter has been so mild I need to get this done before the real heat gets here. So I made my material list today. Tired of dragging an extension light up there. that was something. :)

CREID

Didn't the new universal international global contest rules say that if you win the pen stand contest, you have to run the contest next year.:biggrin:

jttheclockman

Didn't the new universal international global contest rules say that if you win the pen stand contest, you have to run the contest next year.:biggrin:

No it means you need to defend. I must defend the crown.
happy-smiley-crown-13017916.jpg

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Oops, sorry JT, my mistake. I guess the size of your head made the crown look like a tiara....:biggrin:

Just make sure you look after it....you won't have it for long..:tongue:

jttheclockman

Oops, sorry JT, my mistake. I guess the size of your head made the crown look like a tiara....:biggrin:

Just make sure you look after it....you won't have it for long..:tongue:

Sounds like someone will be joining me next year:wink::wink::wink: Hope we can convince others to play. I will keep the crown shiney. May put some CA on it to keep from tarnishing.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

sbwertz

As I thought i would get no sympathy from you. I have to put lights up in my attic this year because I have an air conditioning guy coming to install central air this year. being this winter has been so mild I need to get this done before the real heat gets here. So I made my material list today. Tired of dragging an extension light up there. that was something. :)

Somehow our attic lights went south a couple of years ago and this year I replaced them with battery operated LED lights. They are motion activated, turn off after 15 minutes of no movement, so they never get left on, and the batteries last a long time with LEDs. Just a thought.

Top Bottom