Bog oak questions

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan Masshardt

Is there a US supplier for Irish Bog Oak?

Second question, does anybody know of any supplier that offers an appreciable discount for ordering several blanks at a time?

Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Russianwolf

The only person that I know if that has been able to get larger supplies if it is myself. I haven't imported any in a good while though. If there is some interest I can make some calls.

I can get the UK stuff all day long. The Irish stuff is getting harder to get good stock.

A couple of our Irish members have also been good sources. Keith comes to mind.

Dan Masshardt

The only person that I know if that has been able to get larger supplies if it is myself. I haven't imported any in a good while though. If there is some interest I can make some calls. I can get the UK stuff all day long. The Irish stuff is getting harder to get good stock. A couple of our Irish members have also been good sources. Keith comes to mind.

I wonder if tree would be enough interest for a group buy? It would probably save a fair amount of money.

StephenM

My Bro-in-law is a history professor and archeologist specializing in Ireland (County Roscommon to be exact). He usually brings me back a nice supply after he digs in the summer but it was such a wet spring that nobody was cutting turf so he didn't get any.

The guy who owns the place he digs at was going to send him some for me but I haven't talked to him in a while since he wasn't at Thanksgiving (broke his leg in the parents vs 2nd graders soccer game...)

If he has any for me, I'll let you know.

Bog Oak

I have a source for bog oak and bog pine, certified from 1300 BC to 1600BC. I sell my pens regularly in a Irish boutique. Here is my Point of Sale brochure/ sign. If you want to do a group buy, pm me and we will work out the details. If there is not enough interest, I will order extras and send some to whoever needs them.

Attachments

• BOG OAK CERT.jpg
    BOG OAK CERT.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 167
  • bog pine cert.jpg
    bog pine cert.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 153

TimS124

I'd love to get my hands on some of the Irish Bog Oak…would like to know the price and shipping costs before finalizing quantity please. I'd like to get a dozen so price matters as it'll add up quickly.

Thanks.

Dan Masshardt

Guys,

I'm exploring the possibility of a buy for January.

On a side note, if anyone has 2 blanks of nice bog oak (3/4" plus) from any country that they don't need and could throw in an envelope for me, please let me know.

irish bog oak

Hi Guys,
Ive got lots of well seasoned bog oak pen blanks. Im from Ireland, Roscommon to be more precise. I source the bog oak myself , season it covered outside in planks, then cut into blanks , wax the ends and bring them inside heated house to finish drying process. All the bog oak i have is very black and ranges on the upper end of 3000 to 7000 years old. No splits just dense wood. I have no certification. I have very steady trade and my bog oak is sought after for its quality. Id be interested in doing a deal on large numbers. If interested let me know , Kevin

Dan Masshardt

Hi Guys, Ive got lots of well seasoned bog oak pen blanks. Im from Ireland, Roscommon to be more precise. I source the bog oak myself , season it covered outside in planks, then cut into blanks , wax the ends and bring them inside heated house to finish drying process. All the bog oak i have is very black and ranges on the upper end of 3000 to 7000 years old. No splits just dense wood. I have no certification. I have very steady trade and my bog oak is sought after for its quality. Id be interested in doing a deal on large numbers. If interested let me know , Kevin

Hi Kevin,

I think there are several of us interested in Irish bog oak I've been in touch with a few people who know suppliers I will send you a private message

Scruffy

Dan, I would interested in

being part of a group buy. I would like some that would be larger that pen blanks

Dan Masshardt

Seems like lots of interest. I am exploring options at this point.

I do want to say that because of many factors, this will likely be a limited buy (if it is approved) to make sure everything works out right with getting here timely, quality etc.

Dan Masshardt

All - to be clear, this is a casual conversation about bog oak and no comment here is an official claim to be a part of a group buy that may or may not happen. Just so there is no confusion later.

I do think its helpful for us to see that there is plenty of interest in it.

Top Bottom