Blue jays vs Texas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenny Durrant

I just finished watching the Rangers put a whooping on the Angels. I didn't see the last game with the Astros but I heard it got pretty ugly at the end. I always tell the football and baseball fans the Rangers and the Cowboys are always fun to watch but can be hard to root for. I guess from here on out we'll just have to wait and see which Texas Team will show up for the game.

Kenny Durrant

Hey How Bout those Blue Jays!!!! I guess they Blue It!!! Sorry I couldn't wait until I got home to add this to the post. I was having dinner at Chilies when I first saw the final score. Now before everyone gets mad or thinks bad of me we all know the Rangers can lay down and not win another game so I thought I'd better get this in while I can. If this excuse isn't a good enough He Started It. Ha Ha

OldGrumpy

14th challenge - Watch it closely. His foot moved on the bag but never lost contact with the bag. Besides, Toronto was complaining so much about strikes. In Texas we say "protect the plate with two strikes". You cannot just stand there and take called 3rd strikes.

But you are right - the series is far from over. BToronto is too good a team to keep down.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
14th challenge - Watch it closely. His foot moved on the bag but never lost contact with the bag. Besides, Toronto was complaining so much about strikes. In Texas we say "protect the plate with two strikes". You cannot just stand there and take called 3rd strikes.

But you are right - the series is far from over. BToronto is too good a team to keep down.

One thing Toronto has been great at all season is forcing pitchers to come to them - mostly by knowing where the strike zone is, and taking close pitches when you're sure they're off the plate...forcing them to come into the strike zone with their pitches.

Today, the Ump kept changing his strike zone (for both Texas and Toronto) and turned it into a bit of a guessing game.

Kenny Durrant

Thanks Larry for checking. I was afraid to say anything in fear of upsetting anyone, the Rangers have done enough of that, so I thought I would lay low for awhile. I realize it's not over yet but like I said it's the Rangers so we need to get our punches in while we can. I do hope the Rangers remember what Home Field Advantage means and put the series away. The last Ranger game I attended was a Blue Jay game and there were almost as many blue jerseys in the stands as there were red. There were several Jay fans all around us and it was fun giving each other a hard time during the game. The only odd thing about them was why would they leave Toronto to come to Texas and sit in the upper 90 degree heat. The couple behind us said it was the only time they could get away and the heat was killing the woman. I did let them know that it was the first break from the 100 degree weather we had earlier that week.

tbroye

Got absolutely nothing done yesterday 3 games and a NASCAR race. I haven't done that in years. Today off to the foothill with my wife and her Mini Cooper for some Apples and to pick some wine at our wine club wineries. Have a early dinner and get home and watch whatever game is on and the race. Catch up with the yard work Monday. My order of Ukrainian Bog Oak is scheduled to be delivered while we are gone, may be do a pen this evening. Cubs, Dodgers, Rangers and Cards.

Kenny Durrant

It's nice to sit back and do nothing sometimes. Time to spend with family and watch a few games will pass but yard work will be there the next day.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
I wasn't counting on spending 14 innings worth of watching, though! I thought Encarnacion got all of it in the 13th inning - or if Donaldson kept it fair.

Good game, though - fun to watch...I was worried after the first inning, but both teams settled down a bit.

tbroye

Kenny

I am retired therefore I have 6 Saturdays to get things done Sunday is a day of rest. For those of you who aren't retired you are busier retired than you ever were working but it is a good busy. The Mini has Satellite Radio so we will keep track of the games. On the TV we can switch between 2 games and record another game or race.

Last edited:

Kenny Durrant

Several people have told me they're busier retired than when they were working. A few have said it's lonely because everyone else is still working. My plan isn't to sit around and do nothing but play with pens and enjoy the outdoors a little more. I can't wait to find out for myself how it will be. Sounds like you have it down.

Kenny Durrant

Well it looks like both teams forgot about home field advantage. I would like to see the Rangers win but somehow I can't feel sorry for someone that's two games up and can't win one at home. I guess we will see who's the best team Wednesday.

OldGrumpy

Just wondering if the Rangers manage to pull it out, how long has it been sin a series went full length and neither team won a home game

J Michael

yep - for a few minutes there I thought the cat had walked on the remote and switched me over to the NHL channel ;)

We lost fair and square ... don't guess they want to play the 7th inning over?

Now - can they survive the next round?

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
Boy I'm in shock. I'll be rootin for Toronto the next round

Apparently we need to teach our fans how to accept umpire calls though - the umps got it right, and Jays fans let their emotions run too highly. I thought the play was dead when the umpire called it dead, but the rules certainly show that Odor was right!

The umps called a great game (minus the early strikeout call on Tulo - the only questionable call I saw).

Great series - very exciting! Texas was a good opponent, for sure! Regardless, I'm happy the Jays advance - let them have an inch, and they'll certainly take more...those errors were costly.

It was embarrassing watching Jays fans throw garbage, though - hopefully they get a bit more class next time (a 22 year wait ramped them up, I guess).

I sure hope that kid who got hit is ok!!

Top Bottom