Blue Glass Fiber

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Hello

I was wondering if anyone has a supply source for Blue Glass Fiber material??? I am pretty sure it only comes in rolls or sheets and not sleeves. I am not looking for blanks. I want to use it for my own casting. I have checked some knife shops but what they sell is knife blanks and are way too expensive. It would be much appreciated. Thanks. Maybe you would also know where I could get the silver too. That would be a bonus. Thanks

Here is an example of what I am talking about. As you see it looks somewhat like CF but is not.

DSC_0241-1.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

OK seems I am coming up blank with this. So let me ask has anyone taken the silver glass fiber and added some blue tint to the resin and came up with that blue??? I may have to get some blue dye and give it a try when I get back in my shop. These people that make those blanks have to get that glass fiber from somewhere and nothing being secret any more, one would think the source is out there.:) I will track this down to the ends of the earth and beyond:biggrin:

SteveG

...These people that make those blanks have to get that glass fiber from somewhere and nothing being secret any more, one would think the source is out there.

Is it possible that the ones using this material (which is beautiful) have a large enough operation that they just special order a batch of the material? That may not likely show up in a search for the product. Just a thought.

jttheclockman

You my friend just went to the head of the glass. I thank you and have bookmarked this site. I see they carry many types of resins also including my Silmar41. I have this stuff in that fake vinyl but I want to see how it looks campared to it. I have the silver and there is absolutely no comparison. The real stuff is so much richer in looks. I just orderd a few things and will see for myself. Just tired of that carbon fiber look that everyone has fallen in love with so much. Need to shake things up. People just do not think outside the box enough. Thank you once again.

By they way do you happen to use this stuff and if so do you have any pointers. ???? It does unravel quickly.

jttheclockman

jttheclockman

Looking forward to seeing the results of this one John

Well Andy when I get the material in I will report back to the site but for when you will see a pen, that can be some time. I am sort of stock piling ideas for future pens when and if i can resume. I am very hopeful by the end of the year one way or other.

Last edited:

jttheclockman

OK I got the material today and it is exactly what I was looking for. It is a blue fiberglass material. I happen to have some silver also that I put next to it. Here is a sample of it. What was unexpected was that if you turn it over it has a different look and that too can be used. If anyone is interested in this material I got it from here. The blue is showing up a tad darker than what it is. Blue Aluminized Fiberglass Fabric 2x2 Twill 50 9.14oz 310gsm [F-1614] - $29.99 : Carbon Fiber Panels/Sheets, Fabric/Cloth, COLORED Carbon/Kevlar, Composite Envisions

Last edited:
Top Bottom