Black friday tool deal thread

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan Masshardt

Let's have a thread to discuss Black Friday / cyber Monday tool deals.

Csusa has $5 shipping and a few items on sale.

The new record chucks fit all Nova jaws and come with an insert and a free faceplate ring.

Woodcraft has the sale flyer available. They have Bethlehem olive on sale which is of particular note for the 1.5" spindle blanks that are harder to find than the pen blanks.

I also have my eye on the jet parallel clamps half off.

Post other notable tool deals you find around...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

southernclay

Love this thread, cost me a lot of cash last year though :biggrin:

Peachtree deals
eDirect Special

turningblanks.net aka Got Wood? LLC is doing something this year, I think last year was 10% off. Good for reasonably priced larger blanks.

JimB

Lowes has their $279 table saw for $200. I believe this is the one there was a thread about not too long ago and many folks on here said great things about it.

Dan, Jet used to run that half off clamp sale for months at a time....I have a quite a few...you'll like them.

I'm just getting into bigger flat work. Trying to decided on sizes. I thinking bigger.

While it's awkward you can use bigger clamps on smaller things, but smaller clamps will never work on bigger things.

Mike

Dan Masshardt

Here's my woodcraft Black Friday haul early. My local store has the full flyer on sale already.

I got 2 of the big 40" clamps and 2 of the 24" clamps I love the little movable foot on these that balances out the end of the bar.

Half off is a great price.

I also picked up a Japanese pull saw for $20 (normally $50) and a BOW spindle that was some percent off.

Attachments

• image-732934342.jpg
    image-732934342.jpg
    519.7 KB · Views: 122
  • image-3169147260.jpg
    image-3169147260.jpg
    524.7 KB · Views: 119

jttheclockman

:biggrin:Some Black Friday Ads. Go get them.

ohn, don't miss out! Shop our Black Friday Sale before your must-haves are gone for good! Shop now and get $5 shipping on most orders through November 30.* Helping You Make Wood Work®

NEW STUFF ON SALE CLEARANCE SHOP BRANDS STORE FINDER Share This Email!

pow-black2015-9.jpg
pow-black2015-13.jpg
Start Saving Now 15% off Woodworking Machines and 20% off Accessories. Copyright ©2015 JPW Industries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. 427 New Sanford Rd., LaVergne, TN 37086. Having trouble reading this email? Click here. To no longer receive

ck Friday Deals: Now through Sunday, November 29.

To view an online version of this email, click here
To ensure delivery to your inbox, please add mailer@woodturnerscatalog.com to your address book.
new-email-header.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
email-bottom-nav-bar-4.gif
Visit us online! http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com

jet-black2015-13.jpg
jet-black2015-17.jpg
Get ready to save 15% off the new Spindle Sander and Cyclone Dust Collector. Copyright ©2015 JPW Industries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. 427 New Sanford Rd., LaVergne, TN 37086. Having trouble reading this email?

Last edited:

TonyL

Well, I just bought the Jet Air Cleaner. The only time I found a better deal is when it was offered for the same lower price but with 3 remotes. I think it is overkill for the size of my shop, but a deal is a deal. LOL. Rockler's price is lower than WC, at least where I live. (30% vs 20% off).

TonyL

Thx JT. I see it for the same price, but no bonus buying thing; I have prime so free shipping. The only thing is that I am so close to Rockler and the others, I may what to get it locally (suppose to p/u tomorrow, but I can cancel). But please let me know about the bonus buying thing if you have chace.

Thanks!

jttheclockman

Thx JT. I see it for the same price, but no bonus buying thing; I have prime so free shipping. The only thing is that I am so close to Rockler and the others, I may what to get it locally (suppose to p/u tomorrow, but I can cancel). But please let me know about the bonus buying thing if you have chace.

Thanks!

Tony Yes shipping can be free. I saw the $25 off any tool $100 or more but tried using it and it looks like if there is a sale already it will not accept it. You may want to try. Not sure why Woodcraft is not applying that 30% off to that air cleaner because just about any tool dealer is offering it. It comes from Jet.

Just a side note here Tony. I mentioned that I bought PSI unit which is basically the same unit because Jet started making for them. PSI does not sell any more. But what I noticed when I bought mine it was a bit too tin can noisy because basically the box is empty and air rushes over it. I took some thin Styrofoam and glued it to the inside of the walls of the unit and it took the noise right out of it. Does not affect any performance because all it is a big vacuum with a two filters. Also the outer filter is easily washed but being I use mine very hard I bought a couple of those pleated fine filters. You can vacuum the outer edges of that filter but where it traps the dust deep into the filter there is no way to clean them. So I replace. One of the best investments I made after I had seen how much dust it collects. That collector is perfect for small work shops. You may think it is overkill but you will see it is not.

I bought mine many years ago and it still is working great. No remote but to me it does not matter I have on a wall switch that gets turned on as I enter the shop. I have been thinking of adding a timer because I always leave running after I leave the shop and i make sure I close the door. Cleans the air when all movement stops. I have forgotten to go back and shut off at times:biggrin: Old age thing.

southernclay

Bell Forest Products
BLACK FRIDAY SALE - 25% OFF ONLINE ORDERS | use code: FRIDAY2015

I got some beautiful birdseye maple and figured mango from them last year.

jttheclockman

% Off + Get FREE Shipping for Black Friday from Garrett Wade Open this email in your browser »
tracking_pixel.gif
PWW-logo.gif

FROM OUR TRUSTED PARTNERS
Black Friday Sale - Take 15% Off + Get FREE Shipping
ico-phone.png
800-221-2942
Woodworking Shop Home & Office Outdoor Gifts Clearance
pww-email-offer-black-friday-112715.jpg
Take 15% Off - No Minimum + Get FREE Shipping Over $125
Offer expires Sunday at Midnight. Use code M275PW - Start Shopping Now!
23N0201_e.jpg

$35.70 - $89.95
05R1010.jpg

$96.40
05R0305_h.jpg

$199.95 $99.95

67B0101.jpg

$127.20 $113.70
36B0110.jpg

$94.60 $79.90
39N0440.jpg

$59.50 $49.95

11A0503.jpg

$69.95 $54.40
08C0303.jpg

$26.80 - $49.95
02D1206.jpg

$160.50 $149.95

Take 15% Off - No Minimum + Get FREE Shipping Over $125
Offer expires Sunday at Midnight. Use code M275PW - Start Shopping Now! *Offer expires at midnight 11/29/2015 and may not be combined with other promotions. Previous orders are not eligible. Shipping applies to order totals of $125 or more (before taxes and shipping), shipping via Standard Ground within the continental U.S., any additional shipping surcharges still apply.
5389 E. Provident Drive, Cincinnati OH 45246
800-221-2942
www.garrettwade.com Magazine Subscription Renew ShopWoodworking.com Blogs Videos

bobleibo

...is it wrong to mention plenty of sales at the regular stores so the wives will be away all day? This equates to more lathe time for me:)

Steve!
I'm no expert but the longer they're away, the more money they can spend....and you want to encourage them to stay longer? Hmmmmm....
:eek:
Bob

oneleggimp

Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan 48230 United States o

The new record chucks fit all Nova jaws and come with an insert and a free faceplate ring.

Woodcraft has the sale flyer available. They have Bethlehem olive on sale which is of particular note for the 1.5" spindle blanks that are harder to find than the pen blanks.

Not s black Friday deal per se but I some woodworking postcards in a packet in the mail this week and one notable deal was the 2HP Dust Collector from Harbor Freight for $169.99. Normally about $209.00 so a great deal as is and Add a 20% coupon to that and it's a heck of a deal. You could buy that, add a cartridge filter to it and a dust separator to it and you'd have a pretty decent dust collection system at a pretty great price..

Dan - I just got a sales flyer from Woodcraft and don't see any BOW on sale in it. Where did you see it?

JimB

Not s black Friday deal per se but I some woodworking postcards in a packet in the mail this week and one notable deal was the 2HP Dust Collector from Harbor Freight for $169.99. Normally about $209.00 so a great deal as is and Add a 20% coupon to that and it's a heck of a deal. You could buy that, add a cartridge filter to it and a dust separator to it and you'd have a pretty decent dust collection system at a pretty great price..

Dan - I just got a sales flyer from Woodcraft and don't see any BOW on sale in it. Where did you see it?

The BOW is in the Black Friday flyer on page 2. It ends Nov 30. It is not in their regular monthly flyer.

Top Bottom