Black Friday Hauls..Post Here

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Scott

I'm surprised we even went out for Black Friday, seeing as I just had surgery on my left hand on Monday. But we did go to Walmart, and I picked up four pair of Wrangler pants for $11 each. Although that's not really related to Woodturning, I do wear pants while turning, so it counts! And online I picked up one of the new Amazon Fire TV Sticks and a couple of the small blenders we use for our morning shakes. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else got!

Scott.

jttheclockman

Went to Lowes and picked up not one but 2 Craftsman 16gal shop vacs for $40 each. Great price. If i get 20 years out of these like my last one my brother will be selling the spare one at a yard sale while I am in the great woodworking shop in the sky. I use them every day I am in the shop. Also a 5 and 6 foot step ladder to replace the rickety ones I have. Good prices. I cringe about going anywhere else. The drivers in NJ are all nuts. I passed on the Bosch colt router for $80 only because I bought one last year and still in the box, for the same price and Lowes and Home Depot usually put the same things on sale every year. I have 5 of those routers now but if anyone is looking for a nice VS palm router I recommend them.

sbwertz

I don't set foot out the door on Black Friday. People out there are crazy. I did hit PeachTree's sale, though...bought two of the small Rikon 3 peice turning tool sets...one for the center....we have one set for two lathes, and always fight over them. The other for a gift. Got them for 15 dollars each and with a couple of other small items, got the free shipping.

https://www.ptreeusa.com/edirect_112118_blk18.htm

Last edited:

Terredax

Banned
When we need something, I prefer to sit in my comfortable chair, with beverage of choice in hand, and place an order over the internet, whether it's Black Friday or not. Saves time and the hassle of dealing with the hordes of people.

Woodchipper

I'm with Sharon. It was bad enough to fight traffic to go to a funeral on Wednesday. Took 90 minutes for what would normally take 20-25 minutes.

jttheclockman

When we need something, I prefer to sit in my comfortable chair, with beverage of choice in hand, and place an order over the internet, whether it's Black Friday or not. Saves time and the hassle of dealing with the hordes of people.

Then I guess your into Cyber Monday.:):) Those that say they won't go out, if you are on a budget and there is a deal to be had you go out. A dollar is a dollar. As with me I could not get the shop vacs anywhere on line for the price. But I had a designated target. To just go because you think you will get a deal is crazy. :):biggrin:

Last edited:

Terredax

Banned
Then I guess your into Cyber Monday. Those that say they won't go out, if you are on a budget and there is a deal to be had you go out. A dollar is a dollar. As with me I could not get the shop vacs anywhere on line for the price. But I had a designated target. To just go because you think you will get a deal is crazy. :)

No, I am not into Cyber Monday. There is no deal good enough to "go out". A dollar isn't worth the hassle of the lines you stand in(outside the store and at the register), the limited number of stock that never seems to be available, the gas required to get to the destination, then drive around for how ever long it takes to find a parking space, or the little amount that's saved.
Black Friday deals have turned into proprietary products, and old model sell offs that couldn't be sold before the new models come out. Some items are even refurbished. And I certainly wouldn't purchase two, just because.

If you enjoy all of this for a buck, that's your choice. I much prefer my chair and solitude. They make my beverage taste better.:wink:

jttheclockman

Then I guess your into Cyber Monday. Those that say they won't go out, if you are on a budget and there is a deal to be had you go out. A dollar is a dollar. As with me I could not get the shop vacs anywhere on line for the price. But I had a designated target. To just go because you think you will get a deal is crazy. :)

No, I am not into Cyber Monday. There is no deal good enough to "go out". A dollar isn't worth the hassle of the lines you stand in(outside the store and at the register), the limited number of stock that never seems to be available, the gas required to get to the destination, then drive around for how ever long it takes to find a parking space, or the little amount that's saved.
Black Friday deals have turned into proprietary products, and old model sell offs that couldn't be sold before the new models come out. Some items are even refurbished. And I certainly wouldn't purchase two, just because.

If you enjoy all of this for a buck, that's your choice. I much prefer my chair and solitude. They make my beverage taste better.:wink:

To each his own as they say but I saved $100 on the 2 shop vacs today so I am happy and being Lowes is 15 minutes away I had no problem and even stopped for coffee afterwards.

Last edited:

Charlie_W

I had absolutely no plans of doing any Black Friday shopping but while out getting a couple things at the grocery store, I went into Home Depot as they were only a block apart in the same shopping center and just browse through the front of the store. Well, I did find some Husky 12" tool bags for $4.88. I already had a couple and knew they are sturdy so I followed my father in law's advice......"Need one - - Buy two"! These are handy when going to turning sessions or workshops....also very good as a pistol or ammo bag.
Before I got to the register, I picked up two more....one for Wifey's brother-in-law and nephew as the family was here for Thanksgiving.

Attachments

• C4246A0C-7065-4D89-9BBA-7927D7979AC2.jpg
    C4246A0C-7065-4D89-9BBA-7927D7979AC2.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 101

Dehn0045

I took my daughter to harbor freight and Home Depot. She turns one year old next week, so she didn't have much choice and usually has fun anywhere we go. It was later in the morning so no crowds. I don't find the doorbusters worth the hassle, but late morning you can still find some good deals without the lines. I got the harbor freight electric chainsaw for cutting up some found wood into bowl blanks. Normal price is $50, sale was $40, so pretty much just allowed me to use my 20% coupon on something else. Grabbed some misc stuff I've been needing to use up the 20% coupon. At HD I got an impact driver bit set for half off - I broke the magnetic holder of my other set - these sets seem to be a pretty popular sale item around the holidays. Didn't get any great deals, but had fun.

sbwertz

I'm with Sharon. It was bad enough to fight traffic to go to a funeral on Wednesday. Took 90 minutes for what would normally take 20-25 minutes.

I have another motive. I have RA and take two powerful immunosuppressants. That makes me susceptible to every virus within a city block. I just don't go into crowds unless absolutely necessary because I usually get sick every time I do. I do virtually all my Christmas shopping online to avoid the crowds. I got really tired of being sick every Christmas.

Last edited:

jttheclockman

John I saw those Craftsman vacs on sale here. 46% off for $89.99. Not as good a deal as you got. Enjoy the suckers. :)

It was a deal I could not pass up and was actually perfect timing. I have been working in my shop for the past 3 months upgrading stock for my shows that start next week and the vac I had for close to 20 years finally screamed its last breath. I had bought the Rigid vac a couple years prior to use as a wet vac and did not want to use as a dust collector but was forced to. The nice thing about the Sears one is it has a 2" hose that matches the dust ports on a few of my sanders tools. Those things get used alot and decided to buy 2. I will put the other in the shed and use to clean the cars and things and it will act as a back up too. I have a couple of the low micron filters for them so I am able to again use them. :biggrin::biggrin: Happy camper

WIDirt

Regretfully, still no shop space... 2 years is a long time....

However, SWMBO and loved, bought me a new gaming computer to replace my old desktop that died last year. So, all I can do is continue to dream.

Supposedly, I'll get 1/2 the garage next summer, so I am looking forward!

WIDirt

Top Bottom