Birthday Bash - Boxes of Blanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
Ok, I've cleared out some space in my inbox! :biggrin:

The Birthday Bash is rapidly approaching, and the details are getting organized behind the scenes...

As many of you know, my job is to find the prizes for all of the contests. For the past month or so, the sponsors and vendors have been generously donating some very nice prizes...

Now the reason for this post - Anyone who would like to donate a box of blanks is more than welcome, and we'll gratefully assign it to a contest, drawing, raffle, loser's lottery, etc and place your name on the front page in thanks...

So if anyone would like to donate a box of blanks (or any other prize for that matter), then please send me a PM indicating such, and the approximate value if it's well over $25. For equality's sake, I've been asking our generous sponsors to keep the value of the prizes over $25, so that every contest and winner gets a fair shake at a good prize! :)

Please respond via PM rather than in this thread, so that I can stay somewhat organized! :)

Thank you all very much for helping out the IAP community and the Birthday Bash! (And if you send me a PM and I don't get back to you right away, it's because I'm outside renovating before the imminent cold snap and bank deadline - but rest assured, I'll be sorting through the messages as fast as I can with the time I have available!)

Andrew

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Emptying out my mailbox might have been premature - only two members have volunteered to donate a prize thus far!

Come on everyone - let's make this Bash one to remember!

Approximately how many boxes are you looking for?
I'll try and field this one for Andrew. Any and all gifts (meeting the requested criteria) will be accepted and disbursed as needed for various contests. I'm sure Andrew will follow up if he has a more definitive answer.:)

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
There is no definitive answer, actually - I just find the prizes; the rest of the team does the allocation - and you can be sure they'll find somewhere to allocate it :)

The more prizes we have, however, the more raffle, drawing, and contest prizes we can give away, increasing everyone's odds! :)

The more prizes, the merrier!

Last edited:

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
One other disclaimer - don't give a prize you can't afford to donate - we do have a lot of prizes, and while we can find a place for anything that anyone wants to give, I don't want anyone to donate a box just because they feel they should.

Donate if you want, but definitely don't feel like you have to! :)

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Andrew, am I on your ignore list and therefore you're not seeing this or are you just being rude by not answering my question???:confused:

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
Ok Andrew, so can donors post their pledges here or not?

Found it - it was at the bottom of page one, so I must have just clicked on page two when I saw new posts!

Sure, you can post them here if you prefer - but I'm guaranteed to get it if it goes in my PM inbox (and as you can see, I miss posts from time to time!) :)

Woodlvr

I can pledge a box of blanks also. What size does it need to be? Will a small flat rate box packed work? I can mix acrylics and woods if that is ok? Let me know and who to send them to. Thanks.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
Hi Mike - as long as you perceive the value to be over $25, that's the only guideline we have. That keeps everyone in the same ballpark in terms of prize minimums, and insures that everyone gets a very nice prize.

Thank you very much for your donation - just hang on to the prize until the winners are announced, and you'll be contacted with the address of the winner by the prize delivery team.

Andrew

Woodlvr

Thanks for the info. Since I am downsizing and with health issues I would rather donate a portion of my blanks to those who can use them.

Top Bottom