Binh Pho

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

This afternoon, the woodturning and art world lost a treasure....Mr. Binh Pho

The AAW website has a notice on their home page with more info to come.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

A huge loss to the woodturning community. I was fortunate to demo with Bihn at the Oregon Symposium back in March. This was the second time I demonstrated at the same symposium as he. We visited a couple of times at both...What a visionary and gentleman. Condolences to his family.
Don

scotian12

I was privileged several years to attend a lecture and demo by Bin Pho at our Nova Woodturners Guild in Halifax. He was a brilliant artist and a fine gentleman. He had an amazing life story. He will be missed. Darrell Eisner

Charlie_W

There is a documentary film, "Last Days in Vietnam" 2014, which not only recounts the last days in Vietnam but also in the film, Binh recounts his story before coming to the United States.
We watched it for the first time about a week ago.

I was fortunate to have taken a weekend workshop with Binh several months ago at Marc Adams School of Woodworking and was scheduled to return this weekend for a second workshop with him. I am glad to have had the opportunity to have met him. He was a great artist, a wonderful instructor and a gentleman. He has been and will remain an inspiration to many.

magpens

TonyL,

Thank you very much for posting that link.

Can you, or anyone else, post the link from the AAW website where Binh Pho's death is reported. . I can't seem to pull it up.

Thanks in advance.

Charlie_W

TonyL,

Thank you very much for posting that link.

Can you, or anyone else, post the link from the AAW website where Binh Pho's death is reported. . I can't seem to pull it up.

Thanks in advance.

Here you go. This is the home page of AAW which has an anouncement across the top of the page. Hope this works.
It is woodturner.org in case the link doesn't work. Last night the banner would start to scroll but now appears to be fixed.

American Association of Woodturners

Woodchipper

I thought he was Vietnamese but wasn't sure. It would be interesting to see the film and hear his comments.
I had a customer who fled China during the Communist takeover. Mr. Lee talked about h is homeland with a faraway look in his eyes, indicating to me, the sadness in his heart.

Top Bottom