Bigger hammer

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

dubdrvrkev

I thought a carving mallet would be a fun project... so I made one. It seems a bit big and heavy so I may have to make a little brother for it.
Its maple and rosewood.

2006130232034_mallet-2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

It is too shiny Kevin...if that is mine, I'll find it hard to use [:D]

Good job! Curious, what glue did you use? The ones I made are all solid pieces.

DWK5150

Nice that looks really good. Ive actually had a blank glued up and ready to turn for like 3 months now. Might have to do it now.

vick

Nice looking mallet. I made one that looks very similiar but I went cheap and replaced the Rosewood with Walnut and the maple with Ash. Not a good decision it has chiped and dented and other wise looks terrible now. Hope your holds up better.

dubdrvrkev

Thanks guys.
Dario, I used Gorilla Glue.

Mike, I'm sure it'll get chipped up too, well if I can bring myself to use it anyways. Do you want some yellow heart? I got some from a guy at work about 1" square and 12" long.

Frank, I already told my wife it was a "Kim be good stick". She didn't find that as amusing as we do though. [;)]

PenWorks

Great looking mallet Kevin, sure would make a good night stick. If those guys that got car jacked last week in town would of had that in their car, well I would have felt sorry for the car jacker [:D]

tipusnr

Nice looking mallet. However, sometimes things are better left as showpieces. First thing I learned on Shore Patrol...never needlessly handle or display your nightstick. It might get taken away and used on you! Right Kim?!? [:D]

Doghouse

Nice shape and style. I have been thinking of making one as my deadblow has gone by the wayside. (Somehow it grew legs) That may inspire me to get around to making it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom