Bicycle Enthusiasts-Tour de France!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy_

The Tour is almost over so this may be late for some or it may be old news for others.

You can go to Google Maps and see all 21 stages of the race mapped out on their system. What is really cool is they had a car (vehicle?) drive the entire route and take pictures so you can see what the scenery looks like at any point on the course. There seem to be 12 pictures at every location which means you can see a 360° panorama in 30° increments. I looked at one of the mountain stages and there are some wonderful pictures.

Here is the link that should get you to the proper place in the Google system: http://tinyurl.com/64eg28

Enjoy!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

scoutharps

Yeah! Some one else who likes Le Tour! I got the funniest look from a 17 y o m pat when we were talking sports before Doc came in last week when I said that was the sport I was keeping track of at the moment. "Why? It's just a bunch of guys riding a bicycle?!?!?"

Randy_

I forgot to mention this in my origilal message. If you look at the Google maps, Be sure to switch from street mode to satelite mode. It is really cool to see the race route superimposed on an aerial photograph. Seeing some of the race sections through the mountains gives me added respect for the physical abilities of these riders.

Just looking at those roads makes me tired!! :biggrin:

btboone

Those guys are awesome. Christian VandeVelde is currently in 5th. I have a poster in my shop of the 1996 Olympic super bike with the team guys that signed it. His name is on there. It's cool to see him doing well out there.

gerryr

I've followed it every year for the last 20 years, maybe a bit more. I used to bicycle a lot, but now I can't get either of my Proflexes in running order. I may have to resort to buying a new bike.

Top Bottom