best way to...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodnknots

Get the smell of smoke out of wood? My wife's grandmother wants to give us some old sesame street puzzle boards. She's a lifelong smoker, and everything we get from her is saturated with the smell. I'd like to salvage these things, they could be worth something someday. I had thought about mothballs in a tupperware container, then let it set. Thoughts???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Originally posted by daveturns05
<br />I'd like to salvage these things, they could be worth something someday. I had thought about mothballs in a tupperware container, then let it set. Thoughts???

They would then smell like cigarettes laced with monthballs!!![:)]

Try cleaning them with Simple Green. Although it might be easier to just buy new puzzles.

old folks

<br />Get the smell of smoke out of wood? My wife's grandmother wants to give us some old sesame street puzzle boards. She's a lifelong smoker, and everything we get from her is saturated with the smell. I'd like to salvage these things, they could be worth something someday. I had thought about mothballs in a tupperware container, then let it set. Thoughts???
Try a scoop of coffee wrapped inside a sheet of downey... put a rubber band on top of dryer sheet to hold the sheets in a ball...
this will take away almost any unwanted odor.

Woodnknots

Originally posted by old folks
<br />
<br />Get the smell of smoke out of wood? My wife's grandmother wants to give us some old sesame street puzzle boards. She's a lifelong smoker, and everything we get from her is saturated with the smell. I'd like to salvage these things, they could be worth something someday. I had thought about mothballs in a tupperware container, then let it set. Thoughts???
Try a scoop of coffee wrapped inside a sheet of downey... put a rubber band on top of dryer sheet to hold the sheets in a ball...
this will take away almost any unwanted odor.
This one I like!! Her grandmother is giving them to my wife because she knows we'll hang on to them. I don't know if they're worth anything or not, but buying new ones is out of the question. I'll try the dryer sheet and coffee...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom