Best of IAP Contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Besides we understand that it was decided to do in short order and its a begining. Im pretty sure that catagories will change or be redifined. That rules can be fine tuned if needed etc. I think its a great start and would like to see it continue as an annual event.

Timebandit

And also, a wood pen might win!! That was only one mans opinion that (most likely) a wooden pen wont win. I have seen some amazing wood pens on here that i think could easily win a contest, as the categories stand, so im not going to rule any pen out of any category, even the kitless and casting :)

Timebandit

I wasnt refering to the question, i just think there are a lot of people on here that make great wooden pens, kitless as well, and i think they stand as much a chance as any other pens. Some here dont make acrylic pens, and I just dont want anyone who is just making a wooden pen to be discouraged and think that there wooden pen doesnt stand a chance. We need everyone to enter. We all have a chance. We also dont know exactly what the judges are looking for. Come on guys, make those pens.:biggrin:

Actually, there is more than one person who has asked that question apparently.
I just happened to ask in public

GoodTurns

well, that was fun! spent a good piece of the weekend in the shop working on a really cool idea, got through almost all of the steps and managed what I believe the kids today call an "epic fail" :biggrin: Had a great time and still have a great idea...maybe even have a winner....for next year! Good luck to everyone who is participating, I look forward to your successes!

seamus7227

Well, I managed to complete mine yesterday. Its leaving out today at noon, via Express mail! Hope the judges dont laugh at mine either. May the most talented artists win!

Sent from my Epic using Forum Runner

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
well, that was fun! spent a good piece of the weekend in the shop working on a really cool idea, got through almost all of the steps and managed what I believe the kids today call an "epic fail" :biggrin: Had a great time and still have a great idea...maybe even have a winner....for next year! Good luck to everyone who is participating, I look forward to your successes!
Jon, sorry to hear of this. If it makes you feel better, I used one of your clips on my entry. :biggrin: We'll both be winners!

Well, I managed to complete mine yesterday. Its leaving out today at noon, via Express mail! Hope the judges dont laugh at mine either. May the most talented artists win!

Good going Seamus! Good luck!

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Like Bruce I would like to wish all the entrants in my catagory good luck. Looks like it will be a great compitition.

seamus7227

Talk about stretching out to the last day, just dropped off at post office, says it will deliver to Scott's house on wednesday by 3 pm. Lets hope

GoodTurns

Jon, sorry to hear of this. If it makes you feel better, I used one of your clips on my entry. :biggrin: We'll both be winners!
[/QUOTE]

just remember me in your acceptance speech! I made three...not one, not two, but three blanks to work with and managed a different "fail" on each of them!...the base layer was a label cast...I've done dozens...and one of them bubbled, one silvered, the 3rd escaped the mold and was not re-castable due to the goodies in the casting mix....c'est la vie! I do have "proof of concept" and will definitely pursue this pen!

Buzzzz4

seamus7227 said:
Talk about stretching out to the last day, just dropped off at post office, says it will deliver to Scott's house on wednesday by 3 pm. Lets hope

Mine is going out tomorrow. Hope for speedy overnight shipping

Brooks803

Best of luck to all who entered! I REALLY hope there's another one next year. Sadly I wasn't able to enter anything....worst timing to get hurt!:frown:

I'll be putting some extra cool stuff aside in anticipation of next year!:wink:

Never put off until tomorrow,
What you can put off until the NEXT day!!!

Sounds like some fortune cookie fortune:biggrin:

LOL...best fortune cookie I ever saw said: "That wasn't chicken":tongue:

seamus7227

Best of luck to all who entered! I REALLY hope there's another one next year. Sadly I wasn't able to enter anything....worst timing to get hurt!:frown:

I'll be putting some extra cool stuff aside in anticipation of next year!:wink:

Sounds like some fortune cookie fortune:biggrin:

LOL...best fortune cookie I ever saw said: "That wasn't chicken":tongue:

......and the look on your face, probably PRICELESS!!!!:biggrin::eek:

Buzzzz4

Yea, that who procrastination thing gets really pricey! I hope Scott gets it as Fedex will promise. USPS couldn't even promise next day. Guess that will teach me. My wife now says, no mug for me this February.:frown:

Phunky_2003

Yea, that who procrastination thing gets really pricey! I hope Scott gets it as Fedex will promise. USPS couldn't even promise next day. Guess that will teach me. My wife now says, no mug for me this February.:frown:

Mine went out FedEx today also. USPS also told me their express overnight is 2 day to Idaho.

Timebandit

Mine went out FedEx today also. USPS also told me their express overnight is 2 day to Idaho.

LOL!!!!.....Mine just went out Fedex to................Darn USPS.............Costs me this years coffee mug to:rolleyes:

G1Pens

So....with most of the entries in.....when will everyone start posting what they entered. According to the rules we can post after 9/21...right?

Let's all post in the same thread...maybe call it Best of IAP Entries in SOYP???

Buzzzz4

G1Pens said:
So....with most of the entries in.....when will everyone start posting what they entered. According to the rules we can post after 9/21...right?

Let's all post in the same thread...maybe call it Best of IAP Entries in SOYP???

You go first. We'll be sure to follow in your lead.

Timebandit

Im thinking more along the lines of a Sticky in the SOYP that all of our entries go into. So we post it in SOYP but it goes into the Stickey, so that we dont get 150 pens being shown all in one thread, and thousands of comments about them. I would like to show multiple pictures and comment on everyones great work and if everyone does that we could end up with a 1000 page thread, and everyone would have to go through all of the pages just to see all of the pens. I think this would be more effective.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I will be glad to lend you guys some photos of my old work if that would help a guy out.:biggrin:

Scott

Yes, after 9/21 you can post pictures! And I also think one thread stickied for that purpose on SOYP would be perfect!

The entries are pouring in now. There are some exciting pens being entered! The judges will have their work cut out for them!

Scott.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
He dont have no more room for winners. He has all he can take. YOURS is late it will have to stand behind the other winners and look sad..... :frown:

On another note my dad walked in and asked if I had won yet... :rolleyes:

Buzzzz4

No, no, not late. Fashionably ontime like all winners :biggrin:

He dont have no more room for winners. He has all he can take. YOURS is late it will have to stand behind the other winners and look sad..... :frown:

On another note my dad walked in and asked if I had won yet... :rolleyes:

Top Bottom