Best of IAP Contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
"Om givin it all AH got Captin yuull just have ta hold it together for a little while loonger"

GoodTurns

Russianwolf

i'm workin' on it....

me too...... but not sure if i will have success

If I was sure, then it wouldn't be new!

"Om givin it all AH got Captin yuull just have ta hold it together for a little while loonger"

ironically, I am looking for some more dilithium crystals to complete my pen....oops. was that a tease?

Anyone have a suggestion on how to keep an Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator from detonating while I try to make this pen?

i'm workin' on it....

ironically, I am looking for some more dilithium crystals to complete my pen....oops. was that a tease?

Anyone have a suggestion on how to keep an Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator from detonating while I try to make this pen?

You're the one who out bid me on Ebay

Russianwolf

i'm workin' on it....

You're the one who out bid me on Ebay
And that wasn't an earthquake last week, just me unwrapping this thing. :biggrin:

Brooks803

What makes things worse is I think I broke my thumb earlier today :beat-up::doctor: and now I don't know if I can even make another. Going to the doc later today to know for sure. Right now I can't do anything with my right hand!

CGW-WoodWorks

Any chance turned mechanical pencils like the one below qualify for this contest?
1_QUOIN_-_Chinaberry_Rosewood___Bubinga_Wood_Mechanical_Pencil.jpg

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Talk about coming down to the wire? I'm working on my finial....and waiting for the mail. I hope I get some clips then, I can finish it up and get to the post office BEFORE they close. I think I can send it two day mail if I have to. :redface:

seamus7227

I love the suspense of waiting! LOL, casting tonight, turning saturday or sunday and assembling later that nite, might even ship out wednesday and same day it for the heck of it!LOL

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
HAh I just got back from the post office run. Im way ahead of schedule this time. Shoot I even made a pen in less than 2 days this time. IT barely took me 8 hours to make the pen last night, Finished up around Midnight. Final polish and inspection today and away it goes.

D.Oliver

Yes, I really can't set a date to announce when I don't have hard dates for the judging to be done. It will be done when it's done. And don't forget that not only mailing between judges being a time consideration, but also two magazines doing photographs of the pens. I think I'm being pretty optimistic about mentioning November 1st!

As for when the pens will be returned, that will happen as soon as I get them back from the last judge.

I hope this helps!

Scott.

This quote seems to indicate the pens will be returned.

JerrySambrook

This may have been asked in an earlier post, but I did not read the whole thread.

Just wondering why, if WOODTURNING DESIGN magazine, which caters to WOODTURNERS, does not have a class for straight WOODEN PENS.

I understand there is a segmenting class, and they can be entered into the open class, but the chances of a nice good old fashioned wooden pen has almost (and note I said almost) no chance of winning.
The chances are very very great that it will be a shiny bling pen.

So, once again, why no WOOD ONLY class in a WOODturning magazine.

Just my thoughts

Jerry

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
From the rules
"
Showcasing the state-of-the-art in penmaking today.

"
I would have thought that they would have had a catagory that was just for a wood pen as well. Maybe next year, maybe not.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Well, Jerry, you know one judge (Kurt) and another is the WOODturning Design editor. So, I would think WOOD would have a reasonably good chance. Two out of three judges are "prone" to wood.

But if you DON'T enter, I can assure you, not only will you not WIN, you won't even PLACE!!!

Top Bottom