Belt and wavy washer for Jet 1014

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wyone

I picked up a used Jet 1014 today, and the belt needs to be replaced. I have a couple leads online and a couple from searches here. I think I can solve that part, unless someone has new ideas of where to locate that I have not seen. But I really need to find a wavy washer that goes on the outside of the outboard shaft of the headstock against the wheel to load the bearing. It is missing and without it there is an excessive amount of end play. Anyone have a source of the wavy washer? And of course the belt.

Thanks in advance!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Best place I've found to buy belts for the Jet1014 is a little store in Lafayette, LA... The Belt Store... you'll have to call as you can't buy off their web site ... www.beltsforanything.com .... but Sylvia has always done right by me...
ph: 337-235 9736

I usually buy two or three at a time... about $7 each plus about $2 or $3 for shipping.

I ordered 2 from Sylvia today. They have gone up in price though.. $8.00 each.. and up to $1.92 shipping for 2. Wow... great price, 2 for quite a bit less that one from Jet.. Thank you !!

Yeah, love working with her... when I called Jet to order one before I found the Belt Store, they wanted $21 for a belt plus about $10+ for shipping.

Most all other parts for my lathes, I do buy from Jet.... I just had to buy the bolt that locks down the tail stock, a new sleeve for the bolt (turned out I didn't really need the sleeve, my old one was still good) and a keeper stud to prevent the tailstock from sliding off the ways(I took my old one off and put it somewhere so I wouldn't lose it -- it's lost... total cost with shipping just over $23. I bought new keeper c-rings also, but got them locally at $0.62 each vs $3 + from Jet.

I do get my bearings from another source... VXB ... haven't bought bearings for my 1014 in several years, but the 1442 gets new bears about every 2 years....

They will have your Wave Washer pretty reasonable, but may cost more to ship it then the washer costs... still best place to get it though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom