A Belated Thank You

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jcm71

To Chuck Ellis, aka Tellico Turnings. A couple of weeks ago Chuck gifted me these beautiful 5 pieces of Axis deer antler. I just now had the time to photograph them. He told me they had been taking up space in his shop for some 13 years, and he was glad to get rid of them. I'll probably start cutting them up for pens after Christmas. Those parts that I can't use I'll pay forward, like Chuck did to me. Thank you again, Chuck. I hope I do justice to them, my friend.

Attachments

• IMG_1250.JPG
    IMG_1250.JPG
    167.8 KB · Views: 123
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I was just cleaning out some of the clutter in my shop and ran across the pile o antler I had been saving for the last 10+ years... I knew John could do something with them as I've seen his pens and bangles up close and first hand. I told him they were Axis antler, but after a little research, he concluded they were in fact Fallow Deer.... they were from an animal farm in Jewett, Texas.

At any rate, he did real justice to the horn... this is what he presented me with yesterday at the Holiday Market... a beautiful antler bolt action pen... something to treasure. The pictures don't do it justice though.. taken with my smart phone.

Attachments

• 1209181103.jpg
    1209181103.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 94
  • 1209181103a.jpg
    1209181103a.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 117
  • 1209181103b.jpg
    1209181103b.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 81

Herb G

I was just cleaning out some of the clutter in my shop and ran across the pile o antler I had been saving for the last 10+ years... I knew John could do something with them as I've seen his pens and bangles up close and first hand. I told him they were Axis antler, but after a little research, he concluded they were in fact Fallow Deer.... they were from an animal farm in Jewett, Texas.

At any rate, he did real justice to the horn... this is what he presented me with yesterday at the Holiday Market... a beautiful antler bolt action pen... something to treasure. The pictures don't do it justice though.. taken with my smart phone.

Sweet looking pen my friend. :cool:

jcm71

Full credit where credit is due on the antler id. Kenny Durant told me via PM that they were probably Fallow deer antler. Thank you for your kind words my friend. See you Saturday.

Top Bottom