Been a While!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cozee

Wow!! A lot of new names around here but then I haven't been a regular for quite some time. Haven't turned much of anything in that time either. Recently I have been getting several requests for pens and mills for Christmas so I went down to the dungeon and blew away the dust and knocked down the cobwebs. After a few bouts of hand to hand combat with a couple angry spiders, I was finally able to take inventory. I guess you could call the kits I have, "classics"!!!! Figured out that I want to start with new bushings so I dropped by here to browse the library for info. Found the app for my phone, awesome! Further browsing the site and saw some fantastic work which was to be expected. Now I have to try and see if I can remember how to turn my lathe on!! Later!!!

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome back Gregg.

When I get busy, it eats my time for months (and two or three years) on end. I know the feeling coming back and seeing so many new people here. Many of these new folks are coming up with creative ideas too! Even a new finish being tried out - Solarez. Hard as (Harder than?) CA and no fumes for those with allergy.

I have a ton of pens needing to be done - and as you said - "classics"!

magpens

Welcome back, Greg !!!! . How old were you when you were about to poke that knife into the wall socket ? :)

cozee

Wow a name from the past. Welcome back. It is like riding a bike, jump right back on and have a whirl. :)

Funny you say that. On 23 July, 2014, I went down, totalling my motorcycle, and nearly myself. Due to injuries which heavily affected my breathing, I nearly died from CO2 poisoning. 3 1/2 weeks in the hospital and 3 months at home before I I got released to return to work. I had a new motorcycle in the garage 3 weeks before I could even get a leg over it. After that it took a month just to get over fear just to ride it around the block. Planning a 2 week, 2800 mile, 18 States, and Canada trip next year! It is good to be back!

Last edited:

jttheclockman

Glad you made it all the way back. I can relate to close calls. had my own health issues recently too. That is some ride. Hope all goes well. :)

Top Bottom