Been out of the shop-

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodwish

A member PM'ed me that he noticed I had not been in the discussions for a week or so, wanted to know if I was OK. That is why I like this forum so much, my own neighbors had not even noticed anything but folks half way around the world did. My wife fell last week at a meeting out-of-town and damaged her shoulder. Seemed to fracture the shoulder joint and ripped her rotator cuff. She is a very young 50 so we are both used to good health, and she hasn't complained much but this has sure slowed us down. I know she is in real pain but has been a real trooper (far better than I would be), but I have been busy trying to help her do things like decorate and cook with one arm. I really have a new appreciation for all she does around here. All of you guys should go hug your wife today and appreciate both those arms. ;)

We have a doctor appt. on Tuesday to find out when they will do surgery, he wants to wait until the bones heal more before he tries to repair the rotator cuff. I did stay a little late at work yesterday and starting reading discussions that I has missed in the last week, looked like that whole holiday thing was nightmare. I did get in some replies yesterday, and hope maybe this weekend I can get back in the shop some. [:p]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

Ray, I hope the Mrs. makes a full recovery soon. I would hate for you to have to trade your shop apron for a house apron. [:D] I used to think I was a young 50, till I hit 50 and things just start to hurt more and take longer to heel.

Ray, sorry too here about the Mrs but will pray that she recovers rapidly. I have discovered that most women are more tolerant of pain than men. I know she is in real pain but has been a real trooper (far better than I would be)
Merry Christmas to you both.

JimGo

Ray,
Please pass on our best wishes for a speedy and full recovery. Shoulders are difficult, but the surgery can make a world of difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom