Been Off the Air for a Long While

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Just when you thought it was all "Going along fine" something jumps up and knocks you down.

For about the past 8 weeks or so, my wife Evelyn and I started to get detect some of the "Flu" symptoms .
Namely severe coughing, head and muscle aches, Slight Fever, and just feeling like "Yuck".

It didn't give us any concern as being Seniors we both had the Influenza Inoculation, early at the start of the "Season" and we knew that we would be fine, or so we thought.

However, our injections, being at the beginning of the Season "Down Under" were based to address the Information and Data from the Northern Hemisphere Season that was concluding.

And it appears that in this Early and Intervening period, the Influenza "A" variety, had altered or mutated, and had Generated to an Extremely Virile Form, and the Inoculations were of little effect.

We have been extremely fortunate, and we didn't contract the Respiratory difficulties , that have accounted for some 500 deaths, in Australia, from the Young as well as the Aged, with Respiratory Difficulties, and Pneumonia.

During these 8 weeks or so, I couldn't spend any time on the computer, as I couldn't concentrate, and tired very quickly, I tried on a couple of occasions, to respond to Posts on Pens, and to Welcome New Members, but I was nothing but Useless.

We are now at about 70% of where we would like to be, but today, I started to cough again, and my nose has started running, so I hope it is just the Sniffles, and not a relapse.

I wanted to let you all know, that while the "Flu Inoculation" didn't keep us safe, or completely control the problem, Heaven only knows what would have happened if we had not had the Injection.

So with your forth coming season, I trust that it will be based on what we have experienced, and give you the protection and assistance that your require.

Keep well my Friends
Brian.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Herb G

I don't know about "Down Under", but here in the states, we have a "senior" dosage of the flu shot. It is made for older people, such as ourselves.

I am glad you are OK, but you need to keep forcing fluids, stay warm & dry & do not over exert yourself.
:)

magpens

Glad to see you again, Brian ... missed you ! . Stay well, now, d'ya hear ?!

Thanks for the reminder to get a flu shot .... something I need to do.

wood128

Flu shots are bad news ! I have never taken a flu shot and have never had the flu. My next door neighbor is suffering with flu symptoms after the shot. Here is a good link to the truth about our flu shots . https://www.naturalnews.com/2017-09...edical-fraud-in-the-history-of-the-world.html

We all have to make our own decisions about health issues and eating healthy food. Hope you do better and may God Bless.

eharri446

Oz, it is great to have you back. Sorry that you were so sick. Hope that you and your wife get better soon.

I spent 15 years in the military, and they a religious about everyone taking a flu shot. I, being a good soldier, took my shots for the first 4 years, and each time, I CAUGHT the flu, not just the mild version that you were supposed to get, but the full blown version. So, after many go around with the doctors, my health records were annotated to exempt me from the flu shots. Once that happened, I never caught the flu again. Even to this day I have not had the flu. Colds yes, even pneumonia twice, but never the flu.

Last edited:

Scott

Just get better! I always get a flu shot, as I worked in a profession that dealt with sick people on a daily basis. Now that I'm retired I have kept up the practice and have been good so far! (Knock on wood!). My worry is taking the shot early in the season and maybe not having it cover the strains out there. Your tale reinforces this worry, but I don't know what to do about it other than stay in contact with my doctor. Take care of yourself, and heal up quickly, the both of you!

Scott.

elkhorn

Brian! Welcome back, my friend. Sorry to hear about yours and Evelyn's bout with the flu but hope you're on the mend. Lots of fluids (no, not Fosters I'm afraid) and rest. Good to see you back here on IAP.

OZturner

Brian:
I've been wondering if you were OK. Sorry to hear about your illness and am glad that you are on the mend.

Cody

Thank you Cody.
I am well under way with the recovery, I still get tired, and some muscle pain, but Heck I am still Breathing, so I can't complain. :biggrin:
Kindest Regards, my Friend.
Brian.

OZturner

Brian! Welcome back, my friend. Sorry to hear about yours and Evelyn's bout with the flu but hope you're on the mend. Lots of fluids (no, not Fosters I'm afraid) and rest. Good to see you back here on IAP.

Thank you John, for your Kind Words, We are well into the recovery Evelyn, seems to have bounced back, a little faster then me, but we are both doing well.
It's a Darn shame about No Fosters, but I am glad to report that I had a Millers Lite, last Sunday, it was the last one from a quantity, that I brought back, from the USA, 20 years ago.

Our Eldest Son, arrived on Sunday Morning loaded with food, he took over our kitchen, and prepared a magnificent meal, for Evelyn's Birthday which was on the Monday.
Also his Sister and Younger Brother also arrived at the Door, together with our eldest Grandson, all had enormous Appetites.
Which made it a Very Special Day for Evelyn having all her Chicks around her.

Now getting back to the Millers, when I went to the small fridge in the laundry, for liquid refreshments, the Lone and Last Can of Millers Lite, was there, all alone. I had dealt with it's companions, many years ago, so I thought I would give it a Try and Considering it's age it was fine.
Thank you for your concern my Friend. :rolleyes:
Brian.

From your list of symptoms and the length of time you were down, suspect you may have had a sinus infection... similar symptoms to flue... my wife and I are going through same thing right now...stuffed head, lots of greenish snot, chest congestion, achy body joints, etc....

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Good to hear from you again, Brian.
Take care of yourself & your wife.
I hope we will be able to hear from you regularly very soon.
I always enjoy your posts!

Somehow I missed this post Brian, but did notice you weren't around. I wish you and your wife a full recovery and look forward to seeing you back in action. Take care and rest up.

OZturner

Thank you Billy and Jay, for your kind words and advice.
I have no option than to rest up, I tire so easy.

I might have to find an exercise program for oldies, and try to regain some of my core and muscle strength.

But then again that just sounds like "Hard Work".

As it is, every day seems to be a lot better than the last, and I have so many half finished, and non started projects that I want to do, I might just stick to what I am doing.
Brian.

Top Bottom