Beara's Police Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Has anyone tried the new Police Pen kit from Beara Hardwoods yet? Likes, dislikes? I think it looks good and should be a good seller with the "Thin Blue Line" blank they sell.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

I have some close friends who are retired officers. I kid them about eating thousands of donuts over the years they were in service. Instead of a cruiser.........a donut! :tongue:

moke

I retired in Feb after 38 years....I have made a bunch of thin blue line pens for my friends still in uniform, and still making some for requests. The Berea pen in a little too much in your face....a berea TBL blank on a exec is subtle and nice. I have tried others....cigars, patrizio, (with the left over pieces of blanks), but an exec or glacia are the favorite of the folks I gave them too.

Woodchipper...no offense...but, cops do not relish the image of a fat old cop with donut crumbs on their uniform as the jokes imply....trust me...if you give your cop friends a hard time about donuts...you are the only one laughing.

MTViper

I just ordered some "Thank You For Your Service" kits from Exotic Blanks. I'm going to pair them up with TBL blanks for the local officers as soon as Ed gets some back in stock. I love the kit and the way it feels in my hand and I figure if the officers see "Thank You" every time they pull their pen out of their pocket, it can't hurt their feelings either.

sbwertz

I made a pen for a police officer friend. I made my own segmented blank using a crosscut section out of a blue and black spectraply blank. It gave me a very nice "thin blue line" stripe just above the lower edge of the cap. The rest of the blank was ebony with his name and badge number burned in and filled with silver Rub N Buff. Made it on a Jr Gent kit.

gtriever

Woodchipper...no offense...but, cops do not relish the image of a fat old cop with donut crumbs on their uniform as the jokes imply....trust me...if you give your cop friends a hard time about donuts...you are the only one laughing.

True to some extent, but we laughed at ourselves and the place I was at worked on the 'Donut Scale' :

1 box of doughnuts in the break room - C'mon in, set back and have a cup of coffee and a donut with the boys.

2 boxes of doughnuts - Have a donut, but go do your paperwork or something to look busy.

3 boxes or more - Walk straight on by, leave the building if you could, and go back on patrol. Something is going on that you probably don't want to be around for!

:biggrin:

Top Bottom