Beads Of Courage Bowl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I have not posted for this charity in some time... Mainly, because my "bowl turning" skills are even worse than my "pen turning" skills :tongue:.

However, I promised a bowl for the next AAW Chapter, so here it is... Have at it!!!

And most certainly, I welcome hints, critique, tar & feathering, etc...

FWIW: Instructions... This is for Children who are undergoing serious medical procedures... They DO not care for a "woodturners POP" on the top... They DO not care if the edges match... They DO not care if the grains are book-matched.. They REALLY want a storage Box for their Beads!

So, Enjoy!

Attachments

• IMG_1547.jpg
    IMG_1547.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG_1548.jpg
    IMG_1548.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_1550.jpg
    IMG_1550.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 194
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I like it.:) It looks like a fun box. Is the bottom oak?

... Hope not... But maybe!

I did not have a 6" - 8" (H) blank, so I used 2 CSUSA Ash blanks that I got on sale last year for only $4-5.00. Nothing expensive. BUT, yup, obviously very mismatched, mislabeled, etc. Turned...OK, dry dust everywhere, but no complaints.

Not a good match, but it won't be noticed (other tha:)n you and I...). I got 6 more = 3 bowl/box gifts. ... I could mess up your new digs :eek::eek:.

robutacion

I like it.:) It looks like a fun box. Is the bottom oak?

... Hope not... But maybe!

I did not have a 6" - 8" (H) blank, so I used 2 CSUSA Ash blanks that I got on sale last year for only $4-5.00. Nothing expensive. BUT, yup, obviously very mismatched, mislabeled, etc. Turned...OK, dry dust everywhere, but no complaints.

Not a good match, but it won't be noticed (other tha:)n you and I...). I got 6 more = 3 bowl/box gifts. ... I could mess up your new digs :eek::eek:.

Don't sell yourself that short mate, I've seen a lot worse from turners that call themselves "experts"...!

As you so well put it, the recipients of these bowls, wouldn't care less about the fine details of what you turned, not as bad as you may think, these were made for a purpose, and that is to keep the kids beads in one place, and these pieces you made suit those needs, very well...!

Your intentions are commendable...!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Thanks for the encouragement folks!

Many moons ago I worked as a Therapist with Special Needs kids... Another of my many reasons to be thankful for what I have, remember that what I need is much less, and to share the rest.

And... I CAN get better at bowls :tongue:!

turncrazy43

Very nice job. The patient will love it and cherish it too. Thank you for sharing your talents with us and for the children in need.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Well done. I'd never heard of this before.
The bowl you made is full of something one can't put a price on: Love.

Thank you Gary!

As you know... Some causes are worthy, others are needed, many are overlooked! I ...appreciate your efforts.

Thank you.

Top Bottom