Votes: 20 16.3%
  • Long Sleeve, WITH pocket

Votes: 12 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I'm contemplating offering t-shirts again during the Bash in February 2016.

They were popular last year - I shipped almost 150.

Let me know what style you'd prefer.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edicehouse

I like the one that says "Derek Oliver: Making Ed and Bob look bad since 2011", but I'm also okay with the one that says "When I grow up, I want to be Derek Oliver". I know Ed, Bob, and Mike are all fans of that shirt.:biggrin:

What.... what did I do? LOL

Skie_M

I keep wondering if it's gonna snow .... 20 years now, in Oklahoma, and it hasn't even gotten cold yet.

I still freak my neighbors out when I go out to get the mail BAREFOOT AND T-SHIRT WITH SHORT PANTS in 2 feet of snow... then they find out that I grew up in Alaska.

Sabaharr

If you want to know what summer is come on down here to New Orleans in August. It is getting colder here though. Back in 2000 it snowed on New Years Eve. I counted 11 snowflakes.
Needless to say I would vote short sleeve, no pocket.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
OK, thanks for the input, folks.

I am a little surprised that pockets on t-shirts are so popular. I've always found them useless for carrying anything in. Too floppy, and the hem that's usually at the top of the pocket makes getting a clip on and off a real pain. Maybe pocket technology has improved since I had a t-shirt with a pocket.

Perhaps I'll have to get some of each...

bobleibo

I like the one that says "Derek Oliver: Making Ed and Bob look bad since 2011", but I'm also okay with the one that says "When I grow up, I want to be Derek Oliver". I know Ed, Bob, and Mike are all fans of that shirt.:biggrin:

I've been looking bad LONG before 2011 so as usual, you're running behind. Just in case anyone forgot, a few months ago the Summer Extravaganza had a few contests.
1) Turning Challenged - 8 entries
2) Slimline - 7 entries
3) Ball Point Pen - 23 entries

Does anyone remember who ran those first two contests? Hmmmm :rolleyes: and those 15 people told me they stuck around so you wouldn't be lonely!

Send me the shirt. I'll wear it although no one will believe it~

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
OK, thanks for the input, folks.

I am a little surprised that pockets on t-shirts are so popular. I've always found them useless for carrying anything in. Too floppy, and the hem that's usually at the top of the pocket makes getting a clip on and off a real pain. Maybe pocket technology has improved since I had a t-shirt with a pocket.

Perhaps I'll have to get some of each...
Work great for my cigarette lighter. Also if it's a plain T shirt without a pocket it looks like you're out in your underwear and forgot your shirt....unless it's sleevless.

Last edited:

Rick_G

Collars are good as well. Seat belt does not chaff the neck when driving. I wear short sleeved all year round preferably with pocket. Need someplace to keep the pen.

TurtleTom

I keep wondering if it's gonna snow .... 20 years now, in Oklahoma, and it hasn't even gotten cold yet.

It was just about 30 years ago we tried to frack a well just north of you, all night. The temp was 30 below. The product was water based. We burned up $65,000 worth of starter motors getting the diesels running. We never got the water to pump through the cold iron (dangerous at 10,000 psi). Went home after 5 hours.

Last edited:

Skie_M

Hmmm .... yeah, my first year in OK was 1992 ... I was in high school.

Before that, I spent about a year in Kansas, where I was born ... 8 years in Alaska, 4 years in Virginia, and 4 years in Alaska. My dad was military, so we went all over the place .... I don't remember my formative years, but I hear stories about Death Valley, CA, Korea, and Pennsylvania ...

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I once was forced to attend a motivational class for managers where I worked. The upshot of what we were being told was "You are what you were at age 10 - 12" I can't remember being that age so I guess I'll never know what I am.

TimS124

If you want to know what summer is come on down here to New Orleans in August. It is getting colder here though. Back in 2000 it snowed on New Years Eve. I counted 11 snowflakes.
Needless to say I would vote short sleeve, no pocket.

I was in New Orleans (OK, Metairie technically) for Christmas 2004 when we had well over eleven snow flakes...here's a shot I took back then because how often do you get snow on a palm tree?

brrr2-M.jpg

As for shirts with pockets, we're turners...pockets fill up very quickly with shavings of whatever we're turning...definitely prefer no pockets! :)

D.Oliver

I've been looking bad LONG before 2011 so as usual, you're running behind. Just in case anyone forgot, a few months ago the Summer Extravaganza had a few contests.
1) Turning Challenged - 8 entries
2) Slimline - 7 entries
3) Ball Point Pen - 23 entries

Does anyone remember who ran those first two contests? Hmmmm :rolleyes: and those 15 people told me they stuck around so you wouldn't be lonely!

Send me the shirt. I'll wear it although no one will believe it~

Bob, what's your shirt size? If you'll wear it, I'll go find some shirts:biggrin:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
In February 1967 (maybe 1966) I spent a week in Rochester MN and they had a few snowflakes (not as much as Rochester NY but about 2 feet on the ground) but I don't think it got even close to going above -20 F the whole week I was there.

Top Bottom