Banksia wood bowl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darley

Sunday was my day got the chance to open the door of the shop ( Hurray !! )so I turn a pen and this Banksia wood bowl for a friend, enjoy the grain, thanks for looking

2005101042816_banksia%20bow3.jpg

2005101042918_banksia%20bowl2.jpg

2005101042738_banksia%20bowl.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Nice bowl, Serge and even nicer that you got to get into the shop for some turning time. The banksia wood looks a little like leopardwood or lacewood. Makes me want to go make a pen from the blank you sent me. Hope to see more of your work which really means I hope you can get more shop time soon. How long do the whales stay? Are they there for our winter time, or just migrating past AU?
Do a good turn daily!
Don

edited to remove the pictures

Darley

Thank you all for the comments Banksia wood is ery soft and turn very easy.

Originally posted by its_virgil
<br />Nice bowl, Serge and even nicer that you got to get into the shop for some turning time. The banksia wood looks a little like leopardwood or lacewood. Makes me want to go make a pen from the blank you sent me. Hope to see more of your work which really means I hope you can get more shop time soon. How long do the whales stay? Are they there for our winter time, or just migrating past AU?
Do a good turn daily!
Don

edited to remove the pictures

Thanks Don, we still are in Whale watching season but will end soon by the end of this month ( will try to post photos to show everyone )then they migrated to your way, North Pole and we will see them again next year at the same time and same place, it was a very good season, now is time for me to think about Christmas season, it's only 12 weeks away, and yes I will have more time in the shop, have to turn Christmas Pressy [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom