Bandsaw woes...from bad, to great, to just okay

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dario

A few weeks a go...I thought my bandsaw is dead. It runs but stalls even just cutting a 3/4" buckeye!!!

Well, my loving wife told me I can buy the new bandsaw I've been drooling for quite a while now :D. Time to rejoice right? Well this weekend I was cleaning up the saw and reset the surge protector, lo and behold...my bandsaw is working fine again!!! It turned out that it is stalling because it is not getting enough juice!

LOML asked me later on if we can delay my new purchase [B)] and considering our finacial situation...I have to agree. [V]

The good news is that she told me to use some of the money to buy more pen kits.

SIGH...my 2HP bandsaw will have to wait...maybe a few more years [V].

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ilikewood

Bummer!!

Seems like everytime you say, "I'll buy a new one when this one dies", it will never break on you again.

Does Murphy have some part in this?[:D]

JimGo

Sorry Dario. But, at least you COULD put the profits from the pens turned with the extra kits into your "rained on my bandsaw" (as opposed to rainy day) fund.

dubdrvrkev

Well at least you got the nod, even if it was later rejected. You're half way there, just got to really break that saw next time. Maybe on your next PM you can accidentally knock it over and bend the casting [;)] so ther is no way to fix it [}:)]
I guess I'm so glad to have one now that I can't even think of upgrading....yet. [}:)] The only thing I may do is add a riser block.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom