Bad news at the Blind Center

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sbwertz

You have heard me brag about Ellen, my little Jamaican lady, wife of one of my blind turners. She would come in and just do what needed to be done. She cut, drilled, tubed and milled over 50 slimlines for us! She was training to be one of my trainers, and was doing really well, already beginning to work with visually impaired turners, with supervision.

She had a really bad stroke Friday, and has another aneurysm about ready to let go. She is going in to surgery to try to stabilize the second aneurysm.

Prayers would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I know there are many places around the world that help disabled and blind people and such and I t takes a certain type person to have the patience and will to help those in need. I always find these people to be todays heros in a world that desperately needs them. I know they do not want accolades but my hat goes off to you Sharon and all others that do this type thing. I do wish this person God's help and prayers sent to get her back on the road to recovery and continue doing these good deeds.

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Very sorry to here. Praying for her. My dad had a bad stroke 7 month's ago and an aneurysm afterwards. He's now on the road to recovery, but it's a long process.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Hi Sharon. My thoughts and prayers for her and her family.

As always, if there is anything I and the many IAP Volunteers (18) for your project can assist with, please ask, We are here.

As others have expressed, a steady recovery is in our prayers. Please keep us informed.

robutacion

I'm not a religious person but that doesn't stop me from sending best wishes to this person in trouble, I know that every person that comes forward to assist you and those involved with the vision impaired project is a step in the right direction so, losing (for now, I hope) someone like her, is an unfortunate reality but I'm sure someone will come forward to replace Ellen while she gets through this health scare.

Cheers
George

sbwertz

I'm not a religious person but that doesn't stop me from sending best wishes to this person in trouble, I know that every person that comes forward to assist you and those involved with the vision impaired project is a step in the right direction so, losing (for now, I hope) someone like her, is an unfortunate reality but I'm sure someone will come forward to replace Ellen while she gets through this health scare.

Cheers
George

Thanks George. Fortunately, the IAP has "adopted" us so we won't lack for prepped kits with Ellen out. And we are VERY appreciative of that! No news yet today on Ellen's condition.

sbwertz

Update

Ellen is doing much better. She is out of intensive care, up and walking, and now that she can talk again, the first thing she said was to tell me she would be back as soon as they let her! She is going to have to have a second surgery for another aneurysm that is threatening to burst, but not for a month or so. It will be a while, but as soon as she can come back, we will welcome her with open arms and find things she can do sitting down. I hope she makes a full recovery because she is one of the best trainers I've had volunteer down there. And she loves doing it. She is a ray of sunshine and we really miss her.

Her husband came in today and visited for a while and gave us the latest news.

Top Bottom