Bad news

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveJ

Earlier I had posted that my son had broken his arm while in Boston looking for housing for a job change.

Last night we got the initial results of his biopsy. He has cancer. Boy I hate writing those words.

No idea what stage they are calling it. He is 25 years old and expecting his first child in April. Treatment will involve 3 1/2 months of chemo, surgery and then another 3 1/2 months of chemo.

He started his new job one week ago and now must tell them that his treatment will keep him out of the office for much of the next 9 months. The move to Boston is up in the air. We are hoping the company, which has an office in Denver, will allow him to stay in Denver and work from home as much as necessary. All his support is here in Grand Junction, about 250 miles from Denver, but a whole lot closer than Boston.

Thanks to those of you who have prayed for him. We would appreciate your continued prayers.

The goodness of God is not diminished by the reception of bad news.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Wow Steve that is not good news and my prayers go out to your son and your entire family. Whatever type cancer it is, never any good but they have made strides so I hope he receives the best of care and things work out with the job. May the Good lord be with your entire family.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
No words can express my thoughts right now Steve, but your son, his family and you and your wife will be in my prayers.

Warren White

Can't imagine what you are going through

I am so sorry for this terrible situation. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

There have been great strides in cancer treatment; we will hope for the best possible outcome.

keithbyrd

You are right Steve - God is always God and in control. We don't often understand at the time and I appreciate your faith. Will be praying for your family.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Having lost a young son to cancer I understand how you feel and offer my prayer for your son's recovery, perhaps breaking his arm will turn out to be a blessing.

wood128

Pastor Steve , my prayers are with your family . I would strongly recommend to your son not to get the STANDARD treatment chemo ( drugs ) . The simple reason is they DO NOT WORK !!!maybe 10% at best . Get a copy of the book , "The Truth about Cancer" . It is on the best seller list . It is amazing how many natural cancer treatments are available , and most of them have worked for many years. The standard treatment of surgery, chemo and radiation are all controlled by the drug companies , etc.
I would gladly help , with more info .
May God Bless,

Joe

Jim Smith

I am so sorry to hear this sad news. I will keep you and your son in my prayers. It is strange how many times people go into the hospital for some unrelated, relatively minor ailment, only to get this awful diagnosis. I like to think that it is God, sending them in so that they catch it in it's earliest stages so can be completely cured. God bless and please know that people are praying for all of you.

Jim Smith

SteveJ

A little bit of good news. Today my son met with the HR department to talk about options. The company has agreed to transfer him to its Denver office for at least a year. They will also allow him to work from home as much as possible when the chemo treatments demand it. Still waiting for the final biopsy results to determine the strategy to fight this for the next year.

Thanks for your prayers.

SteveJ

Just a quick update on my son's condition.

He has been diagnosed with B Cell Lymphoma, caught in the early stages with a fairly large tumor. His treatment will consist of six courses of chemo over the next 4 months. First treatment was this past Thursday - and he was exhausted on Friday and Saturday.

They say prognosis is good. Thanks for your prayers.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Thanks for the update, Steve. That does sound encouraging & it's also great that his new company is also being cooperative. We will continue to keep you all in our prayers.

Last edited:

Maverick KB

I'll never forget the tears in my fathers eyes when he found out he was in full remission. It was a long, scary and emotional battle for us all. Having been so close to something like this, I remember how we all felt the need to be strong for him, but in reality I think he was the strongest of us all. Those who are closest suffer too.

As the son watching my father, I felt helpless for the man that always protected me. As a father, I can empathize with the fears you must be facing. Your strength and support will be very important. No matter how old we get, we are all still boys next to our fathers in times like this. He's lucky to have your support and comfort. Hang in there and keep that positive spirit. You're not alone and there are more good outcomes than ever before these days. My thoughts and prayers are with you, your son and your family.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Top Bottom