From the backyard

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brian G

This guy spent some time in the backyard yesterday:

Buck2.jpg

Buck1.jpg

He was chasing his girlfriend:

Doe1.jpg

He chased off two other suitors. One of them scraped one of my ornamental trees, the jerk!

I haven't a clue why they choose to use my backyard for *ahem* meetings. They should at least clean up after they're done.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

The buck has a devilish look, but I like the doe !

Is it quite common to see them so close to civilization ?

Last edited:

Brian G

You presume this area is civilized. I've lived here 15 years and I'm still "not from around here." :wink:

They either got lost, became oblivious because of their more important (to them) activities, or aren't all that bright. Might be a combo of all three. :biggrin:

I'd be happy to give them anybody's address if anybody wants to see them up close.

Lucky2

Yes, they are a nice looking animal, but they are a curse around here. They are very dangerous in rut season, there was a person who lived not that far from here that was killed by a big buck. And the stupid thing about it, was that he owned the deer. He owned over twenty of them, and he knew they were dangerous while in heat. He was feeding them when he got attacked, and most of the does were around him. They figure the buck got jealous, and then attacked.
Len

magpens

Thanks for the enlightening comments .... somewhat amusing but I see the other side.

JohnU

Yea, The big guys are smart and hang around where they aren't hunted. This time of year he'll go where ever she goes. lol Nice picture.

Brian G

I suggested that he and his friends come back 2 minutes before they shed their antlers, but he just snorted in contempt. Ungrateful freeloaders.

Top Bottom