Back to turning again

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brent

Turned a pen yesterday to send to johnny for the auction, its been a while but I got it made. I've been reading and trying to catch up on a few things. I haven't posted in quite a while because there has been some changes going on in my life. First let me tell you to take care of your BACK, I've had two back surgeries and had the third hanging over my head. I didn't listen to my doctor after the first. which was that I could no longer do the type of work that I did which was refrigeration and boiler maintenance. I was stupid and went back to work. That is why the second surgery come in. after the second one I was told by my doctor that I should conceder disability and a third surgery later might be needed. Well I went back to rehab and started doing better, and a while back the doctor said I could start doing light work and after a long search I found a job I am now woking as a supervisor over a maintenance crew at a rest stop on I-57 in southern Il. So if you are traveling though stop in, it is called The Trail Of Tears rest area on mile marker 31 Oh the bad part of the job is that i work the 2nd shift, Sorry this so long. I deleted my album a while back don't why, I think it was one of those depression things. any way I will start a new one soon as I start turning some christmas presents. Again sorry this is so long

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Scott

Hi Brent!

It's nice to see you! Protecting your back is sound advice! It sounds as if you are doing well and getting back into things. I want to see some of those Christmas presents! I would love to stop by and visit, as that would mean I was traveling and not working! But, you never know! [8D]

Glad to have you back!

Scott.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Brent,

Sorry to hear you have had a rough go of things. Depression is a toughie, glad to hear that you are coming back up. Get you a good padded mat and a nice stool at the lathe and savor each piece you make. Kepp your head up and keep us posted on your progress.
Vaya con Dios,

wpenm

Wecome back Brent. I know your story very well because I could tell the same one. I am living that same life. I had the back surgery and have gone through the depression and I know it is no fun. Like William said, get an ati-fatigue mat and a good stool. It does help. I got my mat on ebay for a very good price. Good luck.

Rifleman1776

Brent said, "I was stupid and went back to work". Brent, what you did is typical male behavior. Stupid might be accurate. I have bad shoulders and almost totaly wrecked one a couple months ago. Doc said to wear sling and don't use arm. I use it up to point where pain puts me on my knees. It is hard to stop living life as we know it. Surgery is in offing. Oh, well. Welcome back.

53Jim

Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />Good luck Brent on the road back to health & turning again.
Welcome back ! [;)]

Shouldn't that be "on the BACK road to health & turning"?????[;)]

Anyway, I know what you're going through, Brent. thanks to my job I needed back surgery. I was actually told by the surgeon that I was very lucky to be walking. I don't disagree with the others who say get a mat and a stool, but for me it was find an old office chair on wheels. I scoot from machine to machine. People laugh when they see me scootin' around the shop.

Good luck, and protect your back.

There's NOTHING wrong with scooting around the shop! I use an old office chair all the time as I can't stand for only a few minutes and it works fine. You just have to learn to turn sitting down. Your health is the most important thing in your life (except God and family) so protect it - you can't replace it! Good Luck[:D][:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom