Back to retirement

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

My last day working at Menards!! Great place to WYAO!:rolleyes::biggrin:

Maybe I'll make some pens :wink::biggrin:

Oh boy mate, you won't know whar to do with all you time now...!:eek::wink::biggrin:

On the other hand, a bloke can ever have too much time when it comes to pen turning and other hobbies so, yon your bike...!:eek::)

Cheers
George

randyrls

Congratulations!!!! In my best Karnak impression, I predict that in 6 months your will say, "How did I ever find time to work those hours each week!"

JimB

Congratulations! The first few months may feel a bit weird but after that you will get used to it and figure out what to do with your time! Enjoy!

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks for the support guys! But, notice the title of this thread says "BACK" to retirement. :biggrin: I already know how to be utterly worthless, waste time doing NOTHING but breathing, and watching TV :biggrin: Sometimes dreaming up the next kitless creation that, is sure to be a failure :redface::biggrin:

I was scheduled to work 5:00 - 9:00 this morning. Clocked in at 5:00 At 7:00 I clocked out for my LONG 10 minute break, and here I am :biggrin: I was waiting for someone to say another WRONG thing, and it happened. Sure enough....that's all it took. I haven't felt this good in quite some time. I suppose I'm getting cranky in my aging. :rolleyes: Too old to be re-molded into what meets their demands. I did give them notice earlier this week. :wink: That also made me feel good. I've never been one to just walk off a job. So....here I am. :biggrin:

stonepecker

Hey Chuck.......maybe a road trip to Utah is in order.
I hear that the have a great auction school there. Of course, you cn't just turnup there. You have to let the instructors 'know' that you are comming.
I also heard that there is this place in So. Dakota where a kid is building all kind of neat things. I could spend a week there and really make a mess of his shop.

Take a breath for yourself my friend. You have lots of things to do in the future.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
My last day working at Menards!! Great place to WYAO!:rolleyes::biggrin:

Maybe I'll make some pens :wink::biggrin:

ROAD TRIP TIME !! I heard that South Dakota is nice this time of year and rumor is they just opened up a new BnB for pen turners!
Yeah...I'm saving all my dimes and pennies for a trip to visit Derek. :wink:

Good for you Chuck, you need to stay retired this time and take a well deserved break.

Mike
Thanks Mike! I learned a lot about myself this week :biggrin:

Hey Chuck.......maybe a road trip to Utah is in order.
I hear that the have a great auction school there. Of course, you cn't just turnup there. You have to let the instructors 'know' that you are comming.
I also heard that there is this place in So. Dakota where a kid is building all kind of neat things. I could spend a week there and really make a mess of his shop.

Take a breath for yourself my friend. You have lots of things to do in the future.
Either trip would be great. I think with the accolades Bob and I received, we could open our own Auction training school. :wink::biggrin:
Without a doubt, I am going to take it easy.

Thanks for the support guys! But, notice the title of this thread says "BACK" to retirement. :biggrin: I already know how to be utterly worthless, waste time doing NOTHING but breathing, and watching TV :biggrin: Sometimes dreaming up the next kitless creation that, is sure to be a failure :redface::biggrin:

I was scheduled to work 5:00 - 9:00 this morning. Clocked in at 5:00 At 7:00 I clocked out for my LONG 10 minute break, and here I am :biggrin: I was waiting for someone to say another WRONG thing, and it happened. Sure enough....that's all it took. I haven't felt this good in quite some time. I suppose I'm getting cranky in my aging. :rolleyes: Too old to be re-molded into what meets their demands. I did give them notice earlier this week. :wink: That also made me feel good. I've never been one to just walk off a job. So....here I am. :biggrin:

If I read your post right, sounds like you had some young fresh face right out of college telling you how to do something you've probably done since before he was ever a twinkle in Daddy's eyes..... I put in a few months at the big blue box store because they offered insurance for their part time workers... I drove 39 miles one way to work and signed up to work 30 hours a week... a few weeks after I started, they decided I to cut hours back to 16 per week, split over 4 days.... at $2.40+ for gas back then, and with the insurance deduction (which wouldn't pay the first time I tried to use it), I decided it was costing me money to work there.... but the real kicker was the day the store sales manager told my department lead that I was spending too much time with customers... the customer he noted was a couple that rolled up to me with an empty cart, asked a couple of questions about doing a re-model on their cabin and in the course of about 30-45 minutes, we almost filled their cart with products they would need. In my previous life as an international shipping manager, the primary portion of my job was customer service... I learned early on that the most important customer you had was the one you were talking to at the moment.

Congratulations on your re-retiring.... enjoy. I know I've enjoyed every minute of mine.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Well Chuck, you are correct on the young face part. There were actually three young women and a couple of old males. This is the Plumbing dept. I was doing early morning stocking so, didn't have to deal with customers (GUESTS at Menards) until after 7:00 A.M. My first day to clock in, I showed up a little early, and found a young lady at the dept. desk where, the time clock is located, eating her Cracker Jacks for breakfast. I was going to say "Hello my name is Chuck" But, I didn't get past Hello before she said, "You must be the NEWBIE"...."I'm Still off the clock" I said, OK, I won't bother you. That's enough about her for now.

Another young lady, is one of a few rotating dept. managers who, has some college under her belt. Each day I worked with her (only a few) she would tell me, I could work late if I wanted to. :rolleyes: I could never wait to get out of there. Always declined the offer. Determined, she directly ordered me to load some boxes on a skid, before I clock out. She just had to show me her authority at that particular time of day.

I think these types are everywhere. And, I wasn't shocked. It just came sooner than I expected. These among other incidents, helped me get back to retirement. I just don't need that crap.:biggrin:

Thanks Chuck!

Top Bottom