Baby Update!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

First of all...I considered putting this in "Other things we make" but thought better of it. Today we spent the entire day at the doctors office for our first ultrasound. My wife is only 9weeks along so we won't know the sex for a while but we got to hear the heartbeat today! Like they say "No pics, didn't happen" so here ya go!

(EASY TURBO! This is a family site afterall :eek:)

Attachments

• Baby Brooks.jpg
    Baby Brooks.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 182
  • Baby Brooks 1.jpg
    Baby Brooks 1.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 126
  • Baby Brooks 2.jpg
    Baby Brooks 2.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 129
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

glycerine

good job, nice pen... Sorry, it's habit!
If you can afford it, get one of those home fetal dopplers, then you can hear the heartbeat anytime you want... if you can find the little bugger!
Anyway, babies are amazing... have fun!

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
If I knew you wanted kids, you could have had mine!!!
All grown up, potty trained and ready to go to a good home. :wink:

Is this your first?

Brooks803

Thanks Everyone! Steven, this will be our first. The first pic is our fav bc you can make out the features of the face! I'll definitely keep yall up to date as time goes by. And yes, I'm being super careful with all things casting! I am thinking up some ideas for blanks though :tongue:

Haynie

t we got to hear the heartbeat today!

The most amazing sound I ever heard was the first time I heard the heart beats of both my kids. After the first time I heard it, I ran out and spent an absurd amount of money on a little device with ear phones that we could hear the heart beat any time we wanted. It was great.

And this would go great in the "other things we make" forum because the stork don't bring them and they don't come as prizes in happy meals.

That first pic looks like the little one is already yelling. You'll see a lot of that.

Last edited:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Thanks Everyone! Steven, this will be our first. The first pic is our fav bc you can make out the features of the face! I'll definitely keep yall up to date as time goes by. And yes, I'm being super careful with all things casting! I am thinking up some ideas for blanks though :tongue:

Aaah, first one!!!:biggrin:
You MUST be there for the birth. My missus had all C-sections and I only hit the floor watching the first one:redface::biggrin:

Very best wishes to Mum-to-be:biggrin:

shadetree_1

Skiprat beat me to it darn it ! I'm trying to find a good home for mine also, all trained like Skiprat's and the youngest is 31, anybody else out there need a few younguns ??

Seriously, new babys are the Greatest thing you will ever do, congrats to you both !!!!!!!!!!!

wiset1

Jonathon, the fun is just begining partner. It's going to be the best part of your life...having kids and being a parent very much IS the meaning of life! You don't know true joy or sorrow till you have kids so this will be an exciting chapter for you and your wife. Congrats again...

First of all...I considered putting this in "Other things we make" but thought better of it. Today we spent the entire day at the doctors office for our first ultrasound. My wife is only 9weeks along so we won't know the sex for a while but we got to hear the heartbeat today! Like they say "No pics, didn't happen" so here ya go!

(EASY TURBO! This is a family site afterall :eek:)

That is classic,... well when the wee one comes into the world, then perhaps putting the picture up in "Other Things we make" would be perfect fit,

Congratulations!

wiset1

How about a cast with BC pills in it :biggrin: You know I'm just kidding, but really...can you imagine a blank like that and having to explain where the pills went and then...the buyer looking at it asking...what are those :wink:

drgoretex

A beautiful production there, and quite unique! Beautifully done. I am sure the new owner(s) will be very happy with that.

Seriously, congrats! kids are the best thing ever.

Ken

hewunch

Too neat. I have often said, especially in the good ole days of 7+ years ago, that ultrasound techs practice by trying to watch movies on channels they do not own. :wink:

Andrew_K99

Congratulations! It is such an exciting time. My wife is 31 weeks along with our second (both boys) :biggrin:. This time we are slightly terrified as we know what comes out :eek:! Kids certainly change everything but it is for the better and it is really cool watching them develope from a little lump into a running, jumping, talking (barely), into EVERYTHING 21 month old.

Hope mom is doing great!

AK

BlackPearl

This time we are slightly terrified as we know what comes out :eek:! Kids certainly change everything but it is for the better and it is really cool watching them develope from a little lump into a running, jumping, talking (barely), into EVERYTHING 21 month old.

AK

I am very glad for you and your wife Jonathan, but all in all, at my age, I would rather have a puppy. :biggrin:

Kids, you spend the first 18 months hoping they will start walking and talking they you spend the next 18 years telling them to "SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!!"

+2, or so, on a 31, 33 and 35 year olds for sale real cheap!

Last edited:

sbell111

If you can afford it, get one of those home fetal dopplers, then you can hear the heartbeat anytime you want... if you can find the little bugger!

Depending on his and his wife's mindset, you might want to forgo that. My wife is a worrier. She got one of those gizmos and it just worried her more when she couldn't get it to pick up the heartbeat.

To the thread's topic: Congrats. Our kids are 14 months and 26 months and every day is something new and awesome.

Andrew_K99

... If you can afford it, get one of those home fetal dopplers, then you can hear the heartbeat anytime you want...
Depending on his and his wife's mindset, you might want to forgo that. My wife is a worrier. She got one of those gizmos and it just worried her more when she couldn't get it to pick up the heartbeat...
I'd second NOT getting one. Also STOP reading off the internet, stop listening to people and just enjoy it. There is so much incorrect, confusing and differing opinions out there that'll just stress you and or your wife, DAMHIK.

AK

glycerine

Depending on his and his wife's mindset, you might want to forgo that. My wife is a worrier. She got one of those gizmos and it just worried her more when she couldn't get it to pick up the heartbeat.

To the thread's topic: Congrats. Our kids are 14 months and 26 months and every day is something new and awesome.

Yes, I'll agree with the mindset thing. My wife was the opposite. She is also a worrier and has had misscarriages in the past, so having it at home gave her peace of mind when she thought something might be wrong or hadn't felt movement in a while, but yeah, if you can't find the heartbeat, it might just make them worry even more. Either way, it's cool to hear the heartbeat. I always thought the wooshing noise sounded like kit from Knight Rider!
And now we have three daughters! A six year old, a three year old and a seven month old!

Top Bottom