AWW Pen Turning Demo - Collaboration With JohnU

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mg_dreyer

So as I mentioned I will be doing the pen turning demos at this year's AAW next month in Atlanta. There will be a showcase for all turners to show their talents and everyone is encouraged to participate. The items can then be donated to the auction. All demo pieces will be donated to auction. Because I would like to make these special, I asked for help and will be doing a collaborative piece for the auction and demos. At the end of the presentation I will turn and finish a complete pen. I wanted to make sure the pens had some spark so I asked John Underhill (JohnU) to help out and he really came through. Below are the blanks he created for the demos and the auction (remember I am a pen turner not a photographer).

These blanks will be the basis for the final demo. I think they are beautiful and will help a lot. Thanks John for the help and for those of you going please stop by and see the final project.

From left to right –
Reeves Pheasant short tail features with quail and partridge accents
Abalone shell
Diamondback Rattlesnake
Amherst Pheasant short tail features with quail and partridge accents

I am looking forward to the event and hope I can bring justice to these fine pen blanks.

Attachments

• IMG_6562iap.jpg
    IMG_6562iap.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 159
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

I appreciate John's artistry. Best wishes for the demo and auction. Wish I could be there.

JohnU

Thanks Guys! and Thanks Mark for letting me help out! I'm glad you like them. Good luck with the Demo at the AAW ! I'm sure you'll do just fine.
Have fun!
John

Top Bottom