ATLANTA PEN SHOW

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
My wife and I will be there on Sunday. They had some "seminars" listed on Sunday, and nothing listed for Saturday, so we decided Sunday might be better. As I remember, there is one member who is going to be there with a booth.

ashaw

I will be there for the weekend. We will have a table setup. We are Leaving Wednesday. I am also providing one of the raffle prizes.
Stop by our table. We will also be reping Stylus Magazines stince they are out of town for the show.

http://atlantapenshow.com/

Alan

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Bumping this up to the top!

If anyone is in Atlanta,or surrounding areas, the pen show will be up around the Galleria mall. I plan on attending Sunday for sure, and maybe Saturday afternoon for a bit. See Ya There!

Robert

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Just got back from the show, and boy there is some beautiful stuff there. Met Alan and he has some very nice stuff out for sale! It was fun to actually see and hold some of the pieces you see in the magazines. I crossed my fingers when Alan gave away the number 1 of a series of 5 Dogwood pens, but alas, someone elses name was drawn from the box! I am holding out now for the $13,000 maki-e pen tomorrow...LOL....

I will try and get some pics for tomorrow.

btboone

I won't be able to make it this year. I spent all day today machining rings, and I'll have to spend tonight updating the site and tomorrow finishing those rings. We're having record sales lately. It was good to see Alan and Nancy the other day when they came by.

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
WOW, Sunday was even better than Saturday!

I met Nicholas Frederick who is also an IAP member at the show, and he was selling some drop dead gorgeous burl pens. He had several of the Mokume Gane pens, and sold his Damascus Steel pen on Sunday! Beautiful stuff, and it was a pleasure to meet another IAP member. I had a blast hanging out with Nicholas!

Carl Seidl who is also an IAP member and his wife were also set up selling a wide variety of awesome looking pens. Carl had everything from antler, casing pens, acrylics, and modified classic pens that he has engineered for a second chance at life! Carl and his wife were very generous with their time.

Alan Shaw and his wife were wowing the crowd with his awesome display of the Dogwood series, the Philadelphia pen series, and his beautiful fountain pens. I appreciate Alan letting me hang around and giving me very valuable information about the trade, and about pen turning in general. I am grateful for the time and energy Alan and his wife spent with me this weekend.

Well the time came and the drawings were held for several pens and other stuff. Dante Del Vecchio was there to personally hand out the grand prize, and was very gracious and outgoing with the crowd! I actually got a picture with him, and he is a very fun figure! The $13,500 maki-e pen went to someone that knew Alan Shaw!

I was VERY fortunate on Sunday as well. I won a Double Eight Retro 51 pen that was awarded by the PenWorld Group. Susan Bowen was there representing the magazine, and awarded the pen and a gorgeous book titled PenSpeak. The pen is stunning, and weighs a ton. I will get some pictures posted in the next few days, and I was thrilled. A big thank you goes out to Susan!

If you get a chance to see the Pen Show in a city near you, do not hesitate to go. It was fun seeing designers such as Dante, and Jerry Yeh, who were very generous with their time, and were extremely down to earth. I learned a ton from Jerry Yeh and his line of Laban pens. For those of us looking to do pens with less of the kits, you should check out Jerry's stuff. I purchased two of Jerry's larger pens, one a rollerball for Robin (my wife), and one of them a fountain (for me). It was a pleasure spending time with Jerry Yeh, and I look forward to seeing him again at the show next year.

While I was floating around the halls looking at incredible pens, I bumped into a few IAP members that were running around the show just like I was. Chris Higdon was in on Sunday for a while, and it was good to catch up with Chris. Several other well known local turners were there admiring the turning craft from the "pen" perspective as well.

PenWorks

Thanks for the info......sounds like you had a great time. :)
You know what they say around here, If there are no pics....it didn't happen [:0]
So where are the pics. [?]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Becca,

I don't know where Brawley is, but there are pen shows in San Fran and LA.

Anthony (Penworks) attends both.

ashaw

Rojo2 thanks for test product my wife will have fun with it. Also great seeing you there. There were two other penturners there but are not members of any forum. I gave them both IAP and the pen shop address and told them they should at least look around here. These two folks both had professional setups and pen to go and well as great pricing. The Atlanta show was the best as for as sales for 2008 and second best to last years D/C show. Not only did the show pay for the entire trip down to atlanta but had enough profit to get ready for D/C maybe N/C. We just got back at 10:00 am this morning it was 15 hours of stright driving each way. I have been up for 36 hours so far. An drove a total of 1800+ miles and used only $160.00 of gas.

I had a chance to met Donte of Viscorti (Sp???) and was invited to there factory. May be end of this year. I may also have some new material coming this way with in the next six months. The folks at the Southeastern Pen Club were great hosts and even provided lunch to all of the vendors both days. Mort and Jimmy of Total Writing Instuments and Total Office Products were as well great hosts.

We were(Dogwood Pens) on Saturday morning NBC TV great exposure. And if you have never going to a pen show besure to go once before you decide to give this venure a try.

Right not I am going to sleep for two days.

Thanks

Alan

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Sorry for the lack of pics. Cannot find the battery charger for the camera. The only picture I took was with someone else's camera! They are supposed to send me my picture that Dante Del Vecchio took with me, and that will be the only "proof" (sorry for the pun there), that I was actually in Atlanta and at the pen show.

It was a fun time, and I am planning on being there again next year. There is so much to take in between the folks selling the older stuff, the big boys selling the new stuff, the customization of nibs going on, the selling of accessories, and running into people that you know that it is a very fast paced event. I learned more about fountain pens in a day, than I could have possibly learned on my own.

Then on top of that, it was like having a mini Southeast Bubbasville Meeting, but we invited folks from all over! I had a great time meeting everyone, and placing faces with screen names. I am thinking next year we should have an IAP sponsored event, where everyone can come and hang out after the show closes on Saturday night, and we can bring our stuff to show everyone and relax. I am willing to take that on for a next year event if we have enough interest.

Nickfff

Robert,
Thank you very much again for your help in packing up and kind words. That was extremely nice of you to spend some time on a Sunday doing helping me. Please see my other post in casual conversation labled rojo22.

It was also a pleasure to meet Alan, Carl and Stacy at the show...

Thanks again for the hospitality,
Nicholas Frederick

ashaw

Nicholas
I will see you next year. Hopefully you will attend the D/C pen show. Robert if you can please go to the D/C super show. It is 4 fun flled packed days.

Alan

Top Bottom